Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Disappointment

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    Wife said I had to take her to dinner if I bought the gun I was drooling over.
    Considering the price of the gun, even dinner at the Tavern was a good trade.
    I wish I could get by with that.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

RIP, brother. We are diminshed.
    Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    you can, be like me and ditch the wife... LOL well a little clarification is in order... i never had nor needed a wife. always had bad luck in picking them, i like type A, they play type A, until they get comfortable and turn into type B. now, being a grown up that i am i saw through all the BS pretty quick and they were asked politely to pack their trash and go. iff'n i wanted to spend $2100 on a Bushmaster AR15 or $1400 on a Springfield Armory TRP Operator, i wasn't taking any lip.

disclaimer...... sorry ladies, not disrespect mean't.
    "Ya need a hug, or a twinkee? Wait..forget the twinkie". - Dropy

"I'll be in my bunk" Jayne Cobb

'Catch, sauté, and release...' Sniper-T

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

'All I really needed was a hug'............ Domeguy

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    Well, there are a few special factors at work, most likely.
    I've wanted this since I was around 8 or 10 yrs old, and she knows I've wanted one at least the 25yrs we've been together. They are also rare. This is the first time I've actually been able to buy one, as in pay for it. She also knows it's been a real bitchin' year, what with my dad's cancer and passing, and my sister's drama piled on top.

It took a long time, but she finally realized guns were like an investment, there are far worse things to spend money on. I've really slowed down on buying, and had been selling lately.

I couldn't get by with it all the time. I did this time.

Even she agreed it's a cool gun, she wants to shoot it once, then decide if she will ever shoot it again.
    Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers.
    Liberty is a Man-Of-War, and we are all crew.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    Well, there are a few special factors at work, most likely.
    I've wanted this since I was around 8 or 10 yrs old, and she knows I've wanted one at least the 25yrs we've been together. They are also rare. This is the first time I've actually been able to buy one, as in pay for it. She also knows it's been a real bitchin' year, what with my dad's cancer and passing, and my sister's drama piled on top.

It took a long time, but she finally realized guns were like an investment, there are far worse things to spend money on. I've really slowed down on buying, and had been selling lately.

I couldn't get by with it all the time. I did this time.

Even she agreed it's a cool gun, she wants to shoot it once, then decide if she will ever shoot it again.
    So are you gonna leave us hangin on what kind of gun? Lol. On that note, a customer of mine showed me his 1907 .380 that I would say is a 95% condition. First one I've seen since I was a kid. It was pretty advanced being a striker fired gun in 1907.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Lol.
    I figured someone would ask, sooner or later.

The gun is a tde north Hollywood manufactured (second run, after auto mag Corp went bankrupt) model 180 automag pistol, Cal 44 amp.

I saw a Pasadena 180 for like 5 grand once. Always wanted to shoot one.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

I await the arrival of dies, brass, and bullets.
    You come down this way, I can fix that problem.

Do you have a robot?
    I learn something new from you guys all the time. I never had heard of a Pasadena 180 until now. I know what an auto mag is but had never heard it called by that. Don't know how much you paid but Cabala's has one for sale $3,999.00 Such a deal its under 4 grand.

Can't you make ammo from cut off 308 brass?
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

Quote Originally Posted by realist View Post
    I learn something new from you guys all the time. I never had heard of a Pasadena 180 until now. I know what an auto mag is but had never heard it called by that. Don't know how much you paid but Cabala's has one for sale $3,999.00 Such a deal its under 4 grand.

Can't you make ammo from cut off 308 brass?
    They call them a Pasadena model because of where they were made, which also usually indicates where in the timeline of the different evolutions of the AMT products it was made, and how valuable it is to a collector.

Yeah, there are something like 11 names attached to the gun over the years, as it was made by different people and places. The guns were often sold at an extreme loss, several went bankrupt. Several were custom makers, making both original types, as well as customs with many variables. Purists don't see these customs as originals.

Yes, you can cut down 308, 30-06, or even 270 brass, but then it has to be inside reamed. Why buy all that tooling when starline makes brass? Only going to get a few hundred anyway, it's not going to be my edc.

This one was under $2500, and came with two mags.

I actually started an automag from scratch build several years ago. I have a barrel blank, upper blank, bolt blank, and lower blank, but have been stalled by time and funds since. I had acquired two unfinished mag bodies and Springs. I will make floorplates and followers for them, and have 4 mags.