Thread: Another reason for hyper vigilance re: privacy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Have you ever noticed that when you install an app on any smart phone it tells you it wants access to things like your contacts, location, etc.? Most people just click ok and install. My apps do NOT NEED access to my contacts.

Do you have a robot?
    Quote Originally Posted by Socalman View Post
    Have you ever noticed that when you install an app on any smart phone it tells you it wants access to things like your contacts, location, etc.? Most people just click ok and install. My apps do NOT NEED access to my contacts.
    The only time an app needs my location is Google Maps. As for the others wanting my contact no chance. I am quite sure none of my contacts need any more spam than they are already getting..........
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by realist View Post
    The only time an app needs my location is Google Maps. As for the others wanting my contact no chance. I am quite sure none of my contacts need any more spam than they are already getting..........
    I use my iPad for maps and have the locator turned off. I can read a map so know where I'm starting from and follow directions from my town to where I want to go. They don't need my address. I have a basic flip phone with no internet access, no texting, photos or anything else. Call...leave a message..that's it. Under the radar...Gray Girl.
    I apologize for nothing...