Quote #1"299 appears to be predicated on a slower version of the money SHTF. Between you, me, and motto on the west side of the US Supreme Court House, it won't be a slow motion train-wreck.

The Free shi...Stuff Army this regime has raised will want their stuff where they want it, when they want it... like any other spoiled child. And they will not hesitate to go reiving and pillaging to get it when their EBT suddenly become worthless.

Nor are they the only head of such a Hydra. The CPUSA is still alive and well. What is left of the Klan. Other groups.

Not a slow motion train wreck at all, no. More like the swift break of a rack of balls on a pool table.

The glitterati will be out of country as fast as they can get their overly self-important asses out... complete with entourages and all the PMs they can grab. Them that don't, and decide to try and sit out the event in their multimillion dollar estates... welcome to being the first Ceacescus and Mussolinis of the 21st century.

All guesswork... 299 is too close to the bone for the sheeple to comfortably read in many spots. Hell, >I< was hard pressed in a place or two."

Quote #2"A question I pose to the folks that have read the WHOLE series....

Using a scale from 0 to 10, with 0 being "No way in the world" and 10 being "Absolutely dead on" ... how close do you think that this series is to the way the US goes into the late 2010s and then into the 2020s? "

Now that I HAVE read the whole series, I will endeavor to answer my own question... but in parts.

IMO...

A money crash in the next ten years? 8-9

Said crash in the slow motion configuration seen in 299 DAYS? 2-3.

Recovery in as brief a time as shown? 0-1

The author has got caught up in the idea of 'pushbutton war' and its counterpart, 'pushbutton recovery'. All very nice, but needs a robust infrastructure to work. Throwing more wrenches into the machinery of infrastructure does not make it work better, and what government there was throughout most of the decalogy was all about that. If you have a prayer of hoping that what is left after a collapse works, you do well to make sure the wrenches you're throwing are NOT hitting the people that were best at doing the 'pushbutton' thing.

Starting from about two months before the Collapse, to the end of full hostilities ( and yes, even in 299verse there will be pockets needing dealing with ) and a year after that for '43'... the series should have been composed and written under the title '2099 Days'.

Kesephist