Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ISIS attempting to hack the electric grid?

ISIS attempting to hack the electric grid?

We know it is only a matter of time until ISIS, or ISIL, whichever way you want to call them, will have some success in attacking the USA on our own soil. I do not know how much validity there is in the following, we can all do the research.

http://survivallife.com/2013/10/16/i...5-content-mail

This is another reason I want a solar electric system NOT dependent on the grid.

I'll most likely shit myself

I've been following this discussion on another forum. I will try and add some links they had about it. I don't recall seeing the one you posted.

I think we have already had some probing attacks. There was one story I remember about a sub station getting shot up and knocked out. I want to think that was in Cali maybe a year or so back. Never heard any more once it came out.
    Last edited by bacpacker; 10-21-2015 at 12:15 AM.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    The grid has for many moons been a target... but today and tomorrow, its a very attractive target!

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

For the Love of Cats

A couple of well placed booms at a couple of key nuc-sites, and we could all be in a world of hurt!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Do you have a robot?
    There was a University in the Rocky mountains which got a briefing by the FBI regarding cyber attacks. They told the university to report any attacks which were attempted. The University asked them when should they report them. They were told right away. They asked the FBI if they only wanted to be contacted during business hours or at all hours. They were told all hours. Then they asked it they could just report each day the total number of attacks. The FBI was perplexed and asked if some times they had multiple attacks in a day. School told them on any given day they had upward to 100 attempts on their systems.

Everyday there are hundreds if not thousands of attacks on the United States from internal and external entities from all over the world. The old saying is it is not if but when. There was also a water agency on the east coast which had their system changed by Chinese hackers. So stand by for whatever happens next.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    308 to the lower section of a substation x former and the coolant will leak out, before its all out there will be a pretty show.
    Possibly 3006 but I can promise a 50 will get in. No need to hit the internals, just let the oil out and it will be
    a catastrophic failure.

The little round pole mounts will go down with an AK or AR round. Drive down the road and zap them as you drive and you
    took down a subdivision.

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Do you have a robot?
    Those are the easy things to replace. It is the transformers which are harder to replace. The thing about the hackers is if they can get in they can control a much larger area. When it comes to electricity when one goes down other neighboring systems will kick in to pick up the slack. When there is a large failure the neighboring systems may fail causing a domino effects.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

EB's scenario is what happened in the story I recall from a couple years back.

If you recall a few years ago when a large part of the east, including parts of Canada went dark , there was only a few key location that went down. It shut down a huge area of both countries. The Way stuff is tied together IMO makes it easier for a overall collaspe.
    Last edited by bacpacker; 10-22-2015 at 12:28 AM.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

One reason I am glad Texas has it's own grid, not tied to other states. I believe it is the only state that is this way.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson