Thread: Gas/Oil mix calculator

For the Love of Cats

Gas/Oil mix calculator

Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

all well and good to have something on paper or on the computer .... but they sell calculating combo container/funnels for getting the correct 2 cycle fuel mix .... anyone that has a 2 cycle engine should have one .... good idea to mark the required mix on the equipment fuel tank ...

I'll most likely shit myself

My chain saw can is marked. Old single serve oil bottles are marked as well. I save mine and refill them from the large size containers I buy to stock.
    A paper or computer work up is great for more than fuel. Nice find T.

For the Love of Cats

yeah, it is easy enough to punch some numbers in and make up a quick list of what you can expect.

IMO most mixed gas items in recent use are running 50:1, which is pretty easy.

but if SHTF, things may change! The old, obscure mixed shit will be running while some of the new shit... maybe not so much!

Off the top of my head... I had a homelite chainsaw, circa 1960's that ran 18:1
    my dad had one that was 16:1
    growing up we had a Viking outboard motor that was 31:1
    my god father had one that was 37:1

How are your math skills?

What happens if you find a Canadian Leaf blower, that you can use to create a positive pressure environment...
    for an infected family member...
    when the instructions call for a mix of 17 l to 125 ml. can you figure out your gallons/quarts to make this beast run?

granted, this program will probably not be available... but what I did is select a selection of mixes that I know exist, and printed them off. If I find something obscure, I should be able to extrapolate between what I have! And then compare that to what I calculate!

Personally. I think this is an awesome tool!

And yeah... my math skills are pretty awesome!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

I'll most likely shit myself

Bottom line its just a ratio. Not that hard to figure. Just more time comsuming. But in a bad situation, time could be critical.

I like the leaf blower thought. Never gave that any thought.