Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Vehicles: How Many Can You Drive?

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

Standard and automatic transmission (my 2 trucks) murdercycles, Watertrucks, Concrete mixer trucks, Semis (but I'm not had much time in the cab) front end loaders, skid steers (Bobcat), scrapers, backhoes, tractors and snowmobiles. No airplanes, helicopters or unnamed military vehicles Izzy,lol. I also ride horses and have some experience with them harnessed to a cart. Never did any plowing or other farm work with them, mainly because that sounds too much like work!
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Ok, I am wicked jealous of all of you who got to drive cool shit growing up.

I curse my suburban upbringing compounded by paranoid parental unit! Curse it I say.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    Standard and automatic transmission (my 2 trucks) murdercycles, Watertrucks, Concrete mixer trucks, Semis (but I'm not had much time in the cab) front end loaders, skid steers (Bobcat), scrapers, backhoes, tractors and snowmobiles. No airplanes, helicopters or unnamed military vehicles Izzy,lol. I also ride horses and have some experience with them harnessed to a cart. Never did any plowing or other farm work with them, mainly because that sounds too much like work!
    It's not unnamed, I just left the Stryker out because someone mentioned it earlier in the thread. I think someone had Stryker envy.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    It's not unnamed, I just left the Stryker out because someone mentioned it earlier in the thread. I think someone had Stryker envy.
    Ya, that guy was a jerk.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Stryker envy. . . LOL!

Im pretty good to go on automatic and standard shift transmissions, 20+ yrs riding Harley, military vehicles across the board from Strykers to HEMTTs, the one place im lacking is fixed wing and rotary. . IM willing to bet I could get a plane off the ground. . . but im pretty sure the landing aspect of it would be pretty darn ugly. (read. . . fatal!)

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    Never been in the military, so all of those vehicles are out. Never driven anything on two wheels either. Have driven ATVs. When I was a teenager I could do scary things with a golf cart, LOL.
    Can drive standard and automatic transmissions, spent a couple years driving 18 wheelers OTR, and driving centipede dump trucks and dump trailers.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    Never been in the military, so all of those vehicles are out. Never driven anything on two wheels either. Have driven ATVs. When I was a teenager I could do scary things with a golf cart, LOL.
    Can drive standard and automatic transmissions, spent a couple years driving 18 wheelers OTR, and driving centipede dump trucks and dump trailers.
    Fortunately for you, Gunfixr, should I be able to aquire a Stryker, I plan to open up a SHTFReady Stryker Driving Academy!! Or as I like to call it, the SSDA.

Seriously though, other than being a 18 ton rolling blind spot, they are stupid-easy to drive. Automatic transmission. Here's the shifter, steering wheel, gas pedal, and brake. Go forth and drive.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    Maybe I can acquire one.
    Then, maybe we can work something out.

most (manual & auto) cars & trucks. motorcycle. Electric Golf Cart. Scissor Lift (lol). Small & Medium sized fishing boat. Jet Ski. I'm sure with my little experience with smaller things like gocarts I would figure them out fast.

Also keep in mind that size really does matter. I drive a cargo van and have driven large moving trucks (20'+). Almost flipped a few large moving trucks because I was not used to the size. I'm sure that applies with things like RV's.

Quote Originally Posted by RichFromPhilly View Post
    I drive a cargo van and have driven large moving trucks (20'+). Almost flipped a few large moving trucks because I was not used to the size. I'm sure that applies with things like RV's.
    I knew your name sounded familiar.

(Welcome to the forum BTW)