Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Vehicles: How Many Can You Drive?

Do you have a robot?
    That's cold.............but I like it. I've driven sticks, automatics, large and small tractors. I highly suggest a bulldozer, they are pure power and fun to play with. I do not touch things that want to fly as I do not want to crash.....

if it has wheels I'm covered, too many tracked vehicles to list, and while I KNOW how to fly a fixed wing, I've never done it so that would be a last resort situation. I WAS all set to start my classes to learn to fly, and developed insulin dependent diabetes...

I've driven just about everything I could get started. Grew up on a farm running tractors and trucks, many years driving green camo vehicles of all types that were later painted tan (wheeled and tracked), about a year working for a car dealer and the last several years working for a truck dealership.

Wreckers were always my favorite to drive but cranes and digging equipment always left me wanting more time on them.

I've had boats and motorcycles most of my life with a few atv's along the way, and I try to keep an old 4x4 around just to have.

Grand Poobah of the Smart Car Appreciation Society
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormfeather View Post
    Stryker envy. . . LOL!

Im pretty good to go on automatic and standard shift transmissions, 20+ yrs riding Harley, military vehicles across the board from Strykers to HEMTTs, the one place im lacking is fixed wing and rotary. . IM willing to bet I could get a plane off the ground. . . but im pretty sure the landing aspect of it would be pretty darn ugly. (read. . . fatal!)
    Like you i have drive pretty much anything in the military has a wheel or a track at one time as a MP but the flying thing is the only thing i would not trust me in the front seat thing .I can get off the ground without a problem but landing is going to a crash landing and i do not know if we are going to walk away from it .

I grew up on a farm and learned how to drive or mess with anything on it at one time or another .

A laugh a minute
    what goes up must come down, so I am not going there. I have drive farm equipment, boats, 18 Wheelers, atv, motorcycles, no military stuff, jet ski,s, golf carts, go carts, fork lfts, heavy machery like backhoe and draglines. But they were all non computered. Just the old ones. Would love to drive a skidder. Dozers are fun to drive. I drive standard and stick. If it goes vroom vroom I,ll drive it.

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    I forgot to mention earlier that I have played a little with a front loader and an excavator. I can move dirt, but it's clear an amateur did it.
    Nothing on two wheels that has an engine.
    About the only things I can fly are a kite and a one-finger salute. I'm not even much for riding in an aircraft, based on what I've experienced so far.

Let him know if you need 550 cord, a hank of generic rope, and some duct tape

I can work 3 pedals with two feet and I can operate ATVs and motorcycles. I've tried my luck operating a backhoe but I'm not comfortable with it. I've driven boats but nothing over 50' long. Never flown anything.

I like to take my truck wheelin so I'm confident driving in adverse conditions.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

I have driven most types of vehicles, from go karts, bulldozer, 18 wheelers and everything in between. Flown helicopters and airplanes. I don't think there is much out there that I can not pick up on very fast. First time running a trackhoe it took me a little bit, but was used to it within a hour. Can also fly remote control airplanes and helicopters. Now my wife on the other hand, she can drive a car.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Quote Originally Posted by Stormfeather View Post
    Stryker envy. . . LOL!

Im pretty good to go on automatic and standard shift transmissions, 20+ yrs riding Harley, military vehicles across the board from Strykers to HEMTTs, the one place im lacking is fixed wing and rotary. . IM willing to bet I could get a plane off the ground. . . but im pretty sure the landing aspect of it would be pretty darn ugly. (read. . . fatal!)

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

He can get it up, but getting it down again might be, ah, interesting....wait...we're talking about airplanes right?
    Ouch! They still make you pay for what you bust in the Army?

Driving? Most things with wheels, many things with tracks, a couple of things with air cushion.

Sailing? It's gotta have a motor on it.

Piloting? I can get it up, but getting it down again might be, ah, interesting....
    Last edited by Optimist; 01-15-2012 at 08:47 PM.