Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is in your significant others vehicle?

Do you have a robot?

What is in your significant others vehicle?

We have done the, “what’s in your vehicle” thing but what about the wife’s? Or better yet in my case my wife tolerates my idiosyncrasies with prepping. She really does not believe in it and after 30 years I have given up trying to convert her. For me to set up her vehicle like mine is just not going to happen. Sooo I kinda add things every now and then. We used to travel for my daughter’s softball so she was used to me putting stuff in the care. Recently I rebuilt her first aid kit and thought this might be a good thread. So what do you have for your better half?
    First aid kit – tourniquet, Israeli bandages, chest seal, combat gauze, Ibuprofen, chewable aspirin, band aids, real pain killers, wire splint, emergency blankets (2), light sticks, scissors, knife and flashlight
    Jumper cables
    Rope
    Water (8 liters)
    Snacks
    Blankets (2)
    Large flashlight
    Pens and pencils
    Phone charger
    Lantern (small compact)
    Cash and coin
    AA and AAA batteries
    tool bag with basic tools
    Matches and lighters
    Local and state maps

These are things off the top of my head. I would be interested in hearing what you have got? My goal this month is to put a good quality backpack such as a covert 5.11 bag which blends in with clothes and shoes in it for her. If it does not look like it belongs to a cop she might go for it. I do say that when I travel with her I do carry my gear with me...... Thanks
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

For the Love of Cats

I set up a really cool emergency kit, in case she broke down on the highway in the winter. Candles/stove/food/cup to melt snow, blankie, first aid, etc.

She promptly took it out and put it in the garage because it took up too much room in her trunk.
    I quietly slip lighters, knives, matches, candles, etc into glove boxes and under seats, and she removes them as she finds them, and drops them in the junk drawer in the kitchen.

*sigh*
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Wifes vehicle kit is a exact match for mine, that way if either of us are in each others ride, we know exactly where everything is in the kit. That being said, Sniper-T, explain to your wife, that the bag is in there for her safety and insurance. Its exactly like having auto insurance, you hope you never need it, but thank god you have it when the time comes you need it. If anything, make the bag smaller, and locate it maybe next to the spare tire so its not taking up room?
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Do you have a robot?
    Stormfeather That is not fair your wife sounds like you two are a matched pair. My wife and I are kinda like apples and oranges. That said since I took out the large first aid kit I made points, she just doesn't know the one I put in there is much better than the old one I put together years ago. I agree make it smaller if possible. Sniper I know what you mean by stuff being removed. However since you are way up north she should be used to the problems associated with winter cold.

For the Love of Cats

yeah, one would think, but alas... no.

She ended up in the ditch a couple years ago, while I was away, and had a tough go of it, but made it home ok (thanks to some neighbours (5 miles away). I thought it would have helped bring her around... but no. She just says that she won't drive if it is bad out.

I have made several smaller ones and tuck them under the floor in her trunk, around the tire, but unless she has easy access to her trunk, she would never be able to take out all the crap that she regularly has piled in there to get at it/them.

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    P
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    I set up a really cool emergency kit, in case she broke down on the highway in the winter. Candles/stove/food/cup to melt snow, blankie, first aid, etc.

She promptly took it out and put it in the garage because it took up too much room in her trunk.
    I quietly slip lighters, knives, matches, candles, etc into glove boxes and under seats, and she removes them as she finds them, and drops them in the junk drawer in the kitchen.

*sigh*
    My wife is a lot like this. After I bought her a Glock 26, I took her shopping to specifically buy her a gun purse. After carrying it for a week, she decided it was too heavy, and now just uses the purse minus the gun.
    She does however let me keep a few things in her car after she asked me one evening while driving home "what would we do if an EMP happened right now?" I was so happy I could have cried...I thought I had finally gotten through. But as always, it didn't last long. She took out the glow stick light I put in her car and put it in a ceramic jac-o-lantern this Halloween, decided it wasn't bright enough, and threw it away. Oh well.

RIP, brother. We are diminshed.
    no wife... but lil sisters car is the next best thing. make sure she has everything she needs. jumper cables, BOB, water and the like. i have been thinking for a while to add a pistol. he drives a car, so a rifle or shotgun is out. what cal.? .22, .40, or 45? she can shoot all, just need to shoot a little to get her back in shape.
    "Ya need a hug, or a twinkee? Wait..forget the twinkie". - Dropy

"I'll be in my bunk" Jayne Cobb

'Catch, sauté, and release...' Sniper-T

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

'All I really needed was a hug'............ Domeguy

Do you have a robot?
    My wife has no interest in carrying any guns so the best I can do is stock the car the best I can. Sniper in the cold that would worry me with her being out. I agree with her why bother to drive when it is bad out. Now my worry is my daughter traveling in bad weather. She would carry if she could however it will still be a couple of years once she settles down from school. Now she is too transient with too many others coming and going. I would love to have her move into a house where things would be more permanent. As for her car it is well stocked and she will not budge at removing things when mom challenges her. She has all the supplies she needs for short term events.

For the Love of Cats

yeah, realist, that makes sense, right? just don't drive if it is bad out... Except when it is nice when she leaves home, and during the day turns crappy! Or has to drive 4 hours for meeting at a hospital across the province... and during the day the weather moves in.

A couple years ago, I left the house one morning to go to work... to a cold crisp morning, stars out, no wind.
    By the time I hit the highway (7 minutes) a storm had blew in.

In 4 wheel drive, with good tires, it took almost 2 hours to be able to turn around, and the way home took twice that. I literally drove at crawling speed, with the passenger tires on the highway rumble strip, so I knew where I was. Once I hit the gravel road, I rode the dome until I saw my driveway. It took 4 hours to clear enough with the quad/blade to get my truck in, as there was close to 4 feet of snow drifted across the entrance...

During this time, she was at work, and oblivious. It was a last second " do we need milk" phone call that stopped her from hitting the highway. She stayed with a friend in the city for 3 days until the roads opened.

After, she said it was fun.
    :roll:

Do you have a robot?
    The important thing is she had fun. You on the other hand..........well you know. Frankly in my opinion for you to have to always prepare for shit like that makes you the ultimate prepper/survivalist!!!!