Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Terrorism hit fairly close to home this week

Terrorism hit fairly close to home this week

Wednesday's terrorist attack in San Bernardino was a little under 40 miles from our home. I was just preparing to leave my place for a late afternoon rehearsal when I first heard reports. Rumors were flying. Just as I was about to get on the freeway there was a report that the 3 (first reports were 3 shooters) were spotted in a black SUV headed to the Pasadena area on the same freeway I would be on. Then the reports came in of the shoot out taking place. By the time I arrived at my destination 2 of the shooters were confirmed dead, police searching for the third. (It now appears that only the 2 were involved).

My nephew, a marine with combat experience in Granada and Beirut posted on FaceBook, "WTF is going on? Helicopters. SWAT trucks and hundreds of cop cars. Can not move, I am stuck." At the time he was about 1/2 mile from the original attack. A good friend of mine who teaches music at a local school was on lockdown. Apparently the union Christmas party and dance for my wife's company was to be less than a mile from the original attack. She said some of her co-workers had decided not to go. We had never planned on going.

Someone I know from another local website has a friend whose girlfriend was killed Wednesday. He was distraught and took his own life Friday.

So, now it is here. We are not changing our lifestyle in fear of terrorism. I will say that my head is on more of a swivel. I now have several firearms ready to go, though attacks of any kind on private residences have not happened anywhere, other than in the middle east. I know of two people who have said they will begin to carry concealed even though not licensed. Here in Los Angeles County, it is all but impossible to get a permit unless you have been a big political donor.

Right now this is still the lead story on all the SoCal newscasts and new info comes out every hour.

Well, it is off my chest and just wanted to share.

Take care.

For the Love of Cats

Stay safe!

Be vigilant!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

I'll most likely shit myself

Glad you all are OK SoCal. Be safe there, besides New York I can't think of another state that is more likely to be hit.

The source of all known trouble in the universe

Glad you're OK.
    Altar Arms - 01 FFL (772) 497-6550 - Located in Port Saint Lucie, FL
    15$ transfers for SHTF Ready members! WE TAKE TRADES!

finally pooped
    Tried by twelve or carried by six. I promote doing as much lawfully as you can but sometimes the law doesn't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    Welcome to the internet.
    One of us types in our heart and soul, and then puts it up for the world.
    Then, the rest get to interpret it.
    It is literal, or figurative?
    Sad, or happy?
    Angry, or calm?
    Just black and white words on a screen.
    Not like a conversation in person, with facial expressions, body language, tone of voice.

Still, we here pretty much slide along without issues.
    Imagine how well we could get along in person.

Or, we would just think each other is a bunch of assholes

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Glad your okay....

If you can, keep a GHB with you... 2 MREs and some water.. *several* magazines, flashlight (and one red lenz), spare batteries, beanie cap, etc etc.. Stuff you might need for 24 hours solo. Maybe a spare Hipoint in the trunk to back up your primary, etc.. etc..

One day, you may be caught in stand still traffic and decide it time to move away on foot...

Make sure its Grey Man gear... a civilian backpack will go un noticed where a USGI backpack (while is awesome) would be a possible 911 call by some liberal skeered for there life...

Im just thinking out loud, mostly Im glad with it being so close you didnt end up sucked into the vortex of it all...

Be safe-
    EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Do you have a robot?
    One thing you will not see on the news it the male suspect tried to get a job with our county.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    Does anyone feel any better or safer after "our" president came on national TV, after immediately jumping to conclusions last week and blaming America for its own gun violence, and now back pedals and finally claims it terrorism. I feel deeply for anyone who personally was involved, from the victims to the police who were involved. I will still continue as a legal citizen to exercise my legal rights to be armed at all times, if not to try and to help someone else, but at least to try and protect myself and family. Harsher gun laws would not have helped in this tragic situation, but just one person with a weapon in there might have stopped or changed the outcome.

Premium Member
    The gun is just a tool as we all know. When the s##tbird rag head walks into a mall and hits a couple hundred American citizens with a suicide vest, liberal retards, blaming guns won't sound as important....

I'll most likely shit myself

I forgot the idiot was on last night. Not sure my brain wouldn't have flew out my ears listening to him. I know my BP would have shot up.

I am surprised he finally called it terroism, but I'm betting Muslim or Islam wasn't mentioned with it.