Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *REAL* History books?

plenty of extra room "down his pants"

*REAL* History books?

Need some help here.. Lil'Bravo is showing an interest in REAL American history, not the twisted shit they teach in school.

We are both looking for some REAL history books written by scholars that are truly factual, can anyone direct me to an ISBN or a linky for any titles you may know of?

The time frame is from pilgrimage to present day. Key events are the Revolutionary war, Civil War, The Great Depression (the first one of course), Korean War, Viet Nam, WWI and II and other key pivotal moments in history.

Id venture to say, there are ZERO history books in Publk Skools that will ever mention Jekal Island and Fiat currency for example.

Thanks,
    EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Don't have any to recommend but stay the hell away from anything by Howard Zinn

Zinn, roger that, hafta oogle that.

EB
    "AR - America's Rifle"

finally pooped
    The problem is that there is always two sides to every story. For example,

Theodore Roosevelt was one of my iconic presidential icons. You will see oodles of things about how the people loved him, how he began the shooting sports nationally, and how he was a person that everyone would have kept in there as long as possible. On the other hand my economics book from 2 years ago painted him as a horrible person who had to be strong-armed into supporting the unions, was in the pocket of the Ford motor industry and really did no official political stuff at all.

The reason that Teddy was against Unions is because he had seen the reports from the Ford motor industries that factories that had unions attached to them produced 1/4 less than those that didn't and for almost the exact same amount of money.

I highly doubt you will find books that give fact. I think you will only find books with opinions one way or the other that the authors supports by SPECIFIC facts so that it supports their way of thinking while ignoring everything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    Welcome to the internet.
    One of us types in our heart and soul, and then puts it up for the world.
    Then, the rest get to interpret it.
    It is literal, or figurative?
    Sad, or happy?
    Angry, or calm?
    Just black and white words on a screen.
    Not like a conversation in person, with facial expressions, body language, tone of voice.

Still, we here pretty much slide along without issues.
    Imagine how well we could get along in person.

Or, we would just think each other is a bunch of assholes

I'll most likely shit myself

Eb, a couple titles come to mind right away. For the founding of our current finial isues "The Create from Jekyll Island" by Edward Griffen I think would be a good place to start. I will look for other titles I have forgotten.

James is correct any book tells one side. For the most part.

For the Love of Cats

I would suggest looking for non-American authors.

I read a few good books for my history major in University, but cannot recall the authors (One started with a V) and was excellent. I'll try to find it.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    I would say start looking for any textbooks that came before the computer age, for the most part, information is usually correct in them.
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Well, if a story is going to have a slant, might as well enjoy it with a conservative slat! HA HA!

Agreed, history is more than facts... there is plenty of grey area to throw opinion in!

EB
    "AR - America's Rifle"

I'll most likely shit myself

Along Stormy's thought, the older the books the better. IMO, after WWII things took a drastic left turn. Turn of the century stuff is much better. Has anyone ever saw the test from the Kansas schools from early 1900s? Those kids had to be pretty smart to pass. Nothing like the crap taught today.
    My grandma took Latin in high school. Must have been around early 1930s.
    Last edited by bacpacker; 12-08-2015 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    Al9ng story's thought, the older the books the better. IMO, after WWII things took a drastic left turn. Turn of the century stuff is much better. Has anyone ever saw the test from the Kansas schools from early 1900s? Those kids had to be pretty smart to pass. Nothing like the crap taught today.
    My grandma took Latin in high school. Must have been around early 1930s.
    I took Latin in high school...in the 1970's....German too. In a public school in Los Angeles, when the schools were good there.