Thread: Los Angeles - All schools currently closed due to credible threats.

Claims to have NEVER worn pink. Likely story.

Los Angeles - All schools currently closed due to credible threats.

Officials closed all Los Angeles Unified School District campuses Tuesday morning after receiving a "credible threat" of violence involving backpacks and packages left at campuses.

Authorities said they plan a search operation of all of LAUSD's more than 900 schools, including charter schools and special education centers. The nation's second-largest school district, LAUSD has more than 700,000 students.

“I think it’s important to take this precaution based on what has happened recently and what has happened in the past,” LAUSD Superintendent Ramon Cortines said.

The move comes less than two weeks after two shooters killed 14 people in San Bernardino in what was the deadliest terrorist attack on U.S. soil since Sept. 11, 2001.

Raw video: Venice High School student discusses school closure
    Venice High School senior Lessly Ramirez, 17, talks about the closure of her school.
    Fearing for the safety of schools and students, Cortines said he couldn’t take a chance, so he asked police to search all campuses, adult school and early-education centers.
    Read More
    http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...215-story.html

Interesting series of events. I wonder how credible it was to close all the schools in the county.
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

anybody know if the TX muslim clock boy is still out of the country? .... sounds like his work

I'd be questioning anyone who had a test scheduled for today

Do you have a robot?
    LA is a bunch of DORKS.... The threat was a same one New York received. NYPD commissioner Bratten, who was the chief of LAPD, made the comment he thought LA over reacted. Ya think, 700,000+ kids out of school. $29,000,000 lost in average daily attendance. LA says it was a credible threat, NY on the other hand said it wasn't. I sense a pissing match going on.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.