Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Obamas executive action for gun control

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    And was anyone buying his tears? And the Academy Award goes to...

- - - Updated - - -

Are there any statics showing all the people shot in America, how many were shot by a person who is a legal gun owner and how many were shot by people who should not have had a gun in the first place?

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Domeguy View Post
    Because you still have a gun, and they won't rest until they can rescue you by taking it away, thereby making your life safer!
    How in the hell do these idiots think taking away guns from legally permitted holders will make all the criminals guns disappear is beyond stupidity. They never tell us about the criminals guns and what will happen to those.
    Because the criminals with guns are a reliable voting bloc for democrats, and we're not?
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    The fbi collects data about shootings constantly, as well as other crime statistics. Every year, they release the "uniform crime statistics" report. I doubt 2015 is out yet, but I'm sure 2014 has been out. It's probably online. In it, they do detail shootings, and it is broken down in almost every way. Homicides, suicides, justified shootings, gang on gang activity, teens, you name it. Often, those with an agenda to disarm us use these numbers, but lump them all together. This inflates the numbers. For instance, justified shootings and suicides would not count towards criminal shootings against society.

You guys are looking at this whole "gun control" thing the wrong way. Just forget the word "gun", and focus on the word "control". It is not about crime or criminals, and never was. Short of locking them up or executing them, you cannot control criminals.
    However, you can control the law abiding. But, as you tighten your control on the law abiding, their natural desire to be free gets squeezed. Eventually, they resist. When you have guns, and they have guns, there's a fight. Since the ones in control are always vastly outnumbered by the ones being controlled, this does not ensure victory.
    Remove the guns from the ones being controlled, and the odds are suddenly better.
    Also, the passing of ever more laws, on every facet of life, eventually means that every person is committing multiple crimes in the course of life every day. As a "law abiding citizen", who is just trying to stay on the right side, you will fear being caught, so you will go out of your way to do what you are told, and stay under the radar. Now, you are even more easily controlled.
    Look at the everyday citizens of and tyrannical dictatorship. Everyone spends their life in total fear. The govt is firmly in control. They do whatever they want, without fear of revolt by the masses. We, here in the US, wonder why they don't rise up, even with their numbers, they could still win.
    Don't worry, with the track we are on, you will understand their viewpoint soon enough.
    Or, your children will.
    Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers.
    Liberty is a Man-Of-War, and we are all crew.

may be in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    The fbi collects data about shootings constantly, as well as other crime statistics. Every year, they release the "uniform crime statistics" report. I doubt 2015 is out yet, but I'm sure 2014 has been out. It's probably online. In it, they do detail shootings, and it is broken down in almost every way. Homicides, suicides, justified shootings, gang on gang activity, teens, you name it. Often, those with an agenda to disarm us use these numbers, but lump them all together. This inflates the numbers. For instance, justified shootings and suicides would not count towards criminal shootings against society.

You guys are looking at this whole "gun control" thing the wrong way. Just forget the word "gun", and focus on the word "control". It is not about crime or criminals, and never was. Short of locking them up or executing them, you cannot control criminals.
    However, you can control the law abiding. But, as you tighten your control on the law abiding, their natural desire to be free gets squeezed. Eventually, they resist. When you have guns, and they have guns, there's a fight. Since the ones in control are always vastly outnumbered by the ones being controlled, this does not ensure victory.
    Remove the guns from the ones being controlled, and the odds are suddenly better.
    Also, the passing of ever more laws, on every facet of life, eventually means that every person is committing multiple crimes in the course of life every day. As a "law abiding citizen", who is just trying to stay on the right side, you will fear being caught, so you will go out of your way to do what you are told, and stay under the radar. Now, you are even more easily controlled.
    Look at the everyday citizens of and tyrannical dictatorship. Everyone spends their life in total fear. The govt is firmly in control. They do whatever they want, without fear of revolt by the masses. We, here in the US, wonder why they don't rise up, even with their numbers, they could still win.
    Don't worry, with the track we are on, you will understand their viewpoint soon enough.
    Or, your children will.
    Absolutely correct on all counts, sir.

Someone had to say it. I'm usually the guy that does this, pointing out the unpleasant, and the "Why couldn't you keep your trap shut, cuz everyone's gonna feel uncomfortable now" reactions I've gotten, public and private, are innumerable.

At the risk of sounding Biblical, we are already started on the Thousand Years of Darkness. Taking away means to defend ourselves is part of the Descent. The one sourly palatable crumb, out of this whole upcoming feast of misery, is that that there are no little Kesephists to hold as hostage to 'good behavior', or to be turned by the totalitarian machine into the new variant of the Young Pioneers, or whatever this new tyranny will call their corrupted youth.

Doubts?

I'll most likely shit myself

None what so ever.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    Looks like. I just wonder how a face to face by individuals would go?
    Probably not any different; Unless they decide to re-define something else.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.