Thread: AR Copter

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

AR Copter

Wasn't sure where to put this one, so mods feel free to move to the appropriate category.

One of the guys at work just picked up one of these:

AR.Drone Parrot - First quadricopter that can be controlled by an iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad

I think the thing could be useful. It's got cameras on board and you can see everything through your Iphone. After seeing him fly his around the dealership here, I want one.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

The source of all known trouble in the universe

Not being "survival" GD, I move it to the Town Hall.

My brother is thinking about buying one.

Claims to have NEVER worn pink. Likely story.

Quote Originally Posted by RedJohn View Post
    Not being "survival" GD, I move it to the Town Hall.

My brother is thinking about buying one.
    I would personally, rather have that helicopter with a few attachments you posted on G+ last week

The parrot AR Drone is rather limited in operating space... IMO, you have to be to close to be able to use it effectively... Maybe as a close range non line of sight camera, but nothing more really... Red johns you could mount a rifle on the thing and light up something if needed... THAT would be fun... Imagine that at the range :P
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

Quote Originally Posted by vertstang86 View Post
    I would personally, rather have that helicopter with a few attachments you posted on G+ last week
    Yes, me too. Btw, don't look for me on G+, Facebook and any other social network systems as I cancelled my account on ALL of them.

Claims to have NEVER worn pink. Likely story.

Yes, me too. Btw, don't look for me on G+, Facebook and any other social network systems as I cancelled my account on ALL of them.
    How come you cancelled them?
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

Quote Originally Posted by vertstang86 View Post
    How come you cancelled them?
    I find nothing to do on social networks and I don't need to know someone is taking a piss.

Sorry for the hijack, Izzy.

Claptrap's Problem Solver

I find nothing to do on social networks and I don't need to know someone is taking a piss.

Sorry for the hijack, Izzy.
    Just so you know, I just took a piss.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

I'll most likely shit myself

Tmi