Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disabled Veteran property tax exemptions

Administrator

Disabled Veteran property tax exemptions

I came across this website at work and figured some of you might not know about tax exemptions in your state. I certainly didn't.

https://www.veteransunited.com/futur...ions-by-state/

Hope someone can utilize this information.
    Last edited by 2die4; 01-20-2016 at 05:44 AM.
    I don’t have “hobbies” I’m developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set.

I'll most likely shit myself

I sure hope this helps at least one person on here. Many others hopefully.

Bacon saver

Well here in TN it was a great thing as far as the property taxes went. Then this year we're paying a third of that exemption back. Sooooooo they are back to chipping away at us veterans again. Guess the state was losing money. First they giveth, then they taketh away.

It's typical military, just like our paychecks were, they would give you a raise here then take it from some place else, never really giving you anything at all, ending up with the same paycheck sometimes less. Yet Joe public thinks we got a raise. I believe they call that a balanced budget.

There are some other good things like Hunting and fishing license, tags for vehicles, to mention a few. Of course these all depend on the percentage of your disability.

A veteran really has to be classified as 100% "Total and Permanent" disabled in order to receive these benefits. Good luck with that, us Vets have a hard enough time filing a claim much less getting it approved through the VA.

Sidebar: I personally recommend AMVETs over any other organization. Fast and efficient, worked excellent for me. Anyone near Nashville area PM me for details, I have a great source.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Bacon saver

Update: Thanks to your thread I found out why............T.C.A. 67-5-704(a)
    Changes the market value from $175,000 to $100,000. Sooooo now I know, .........assholes.

Guess we shouldn't have such a nice place, maybe we should have a shittier one.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Brownwater Riverrat 13 View Post
    Well here in TN it was a great thing as far as the property taxes went. Then this year we're paying a third of that exemption back. Sooooooo they are back to chipping away at us veterans again. Guess the state was losing money. First they giveth, then they taketh away.

It's typical military, just like our paychecks were, they would give you a raise here then take it from some place else, never really giving you anything at all, ending up with the same paycheck sometimes less. Yet Joe public thinks we got a raise. I believe they call that a balanced budget.

There are some other good things like Hunting and fishing license, tags for vehicles, to mention a few. Of course these all depend on the percentage of your disability.

A veteran really has to be classified as 100% "Total and Permanent" disabled in order to receive these benefits. Good luck with that, us Vets have a hard enough time filing a claim much less getting it approved through the VA.

Sidebar: I personally recommend AMVETs over any other organization. Fast and efficient, worked excellent for me. Anyone near Nashville area PM me for details, I have a great source.
    Still happens. A few years ago they gave us a "raise". With that, they raised another deduction thus leaving me -21.00 less every month. *starts cadence*
    Oh Lord, I wanna go
    But they won't let me go
    Oh Lord, I wanna go hoo-hoo-hoooome EH!
    They say that in the Army the pay is mighty fine
    they give you a hundred dollars and take back ninety-nine.
    I don’t have “hobbies” I’m developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set.

finally pooped
    Loved that cadence
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    Welcome to the internet.
    One of us types in our heart and soul, and then puts it up for the world.
    Then, the rest get to interpret it.
    It is literal, or figurative?
    Sad, or happy?
    Angry, or calm?
    Just black and white words on a screen.
    Not like a conversation in person, with facial expressions, body language, tone of voice.

Still, we here pretty much slide along without issues.
    Imagine how well we could get along in person.

Or, we would just think each other is a bunch of assholes

Bacon saver

As it reads... in TN the non taxable cap was if your property appraised in at $175K or less, this time they lowered it to $100K. Guess that's how they paid for their raise this year, yippee! Do the math...............

OH cadence, how I loved to mold young minds......................another time perhaps.

may be in trouble

How much of the VA is actually veterans? Is the Secretary for Veteran's Affairs on the Presidential Cabinet a veteran?

It is a disgusting note throughout history and almost all nations... they who fight for a nation are pretty much ignored or derided after their service. There are notable exceptions, of course... Sparta, Rome, the Gurkhas of Nepal...

That rough men, willing to do violence in the night, so softer persons may sleep soundly in soft beds, are treated so...

THIS is what we took our oath for?

Balls.

I shall keep mine, though. If, for no other reason, to distinguish myself from less moral individuals.

Bacon saver

As much "Intell gathering" as you did on my posts you should know the answer to that question. Also you said "THIS is what we took our oath for?" so that would make your questions rhetorical, yes? Or are you quoting someone else? Hey.......just sayin man

may be in trouble

As much "Intell gathering" as you did on my posts you should know the answer to that question. Also you said "THIS is what we took our oath for?" so that would make your questions rhetorical, yes? Or are you quoting someone else? Hey.......just sayin man
    I loathe Socratic inquiry, it wastes time and does nothing in the teaching paradigm that regular teaching methods don't already do, except pump up the questioner's ego...or so I see it. If I ask something, it's 'cause I do not know.

The hope was for ironic, not rhetorical, on the ? about the oath.

One would think that someone disabled in service to the state might be given some sort of break, inasmuch as they were damaged in the course of that service. Depends, I suppose, on how much of a bunch of ingrates run said state.

If there is anything left in 2017, and if Comrade Hilary takes over, things will be worse for the disabled veteran. (Remember, this is the mate of Mr. "I loathe the military"... and she has always been more vile than he, just less able to act, or we wouldn't have this forum.)

Do not put past her the removal of the Cabinet seat for Veteran's Affairs, and/or flat out abolishing the VA.

Again, though, this assumes that Cases OUTLAW, TICKERTAPE or STATIC have not taken place.