Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Here it comes - short term SHTF

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    I just got my internet sattalite defrosted, so the Internet is working here again. It was slow rain until yesterday around noon, then the temperature dropped an we were getting big sloppy wet snow globs, not really flakes. It continued on until about 5pm, then slowed down to a fine mist dry snow. Then the power went out. After about an hour, I decided to go to Domecom 3 and got the wood stove fired up and got out the candles and flashlights. I had checked in with Frank, an old vet who lives up on the ridge across from us who hates the world and everyone in it. He was glad I checked in with him and was ok. Right at dark I slipped the Ranger into super low 4WD and crept down the driveway, took about 15 minutes and checked in with the other neighbors. Neighbor down the valley on right had gone to get his generator and had fell, i found him covered with snow. He had fell and couldn't get back up. His son in law and I carried back back in. He is ok but I probably saved his life as his son I law just said he was out back working on the generator. He has gone back into his shed about 100 ft behind his trailer to get some tools, and I found him on his stomach about 10 ft from the shed covered in snow. I got him up and ran to get the useless son in law to help carry him back. Then I went to the neighbor on the bottom of my driveway, they had no heat so I brought them down my propane heater I save for backup and lent it to him. Ranger drove right up the driveway with no slipping in reg 4WD. I love that truck. I then took us to Domecon 2 and fired up the 7000wt Ginny and ran in the extension cords to run some heaters and the other stuff if we had an extended outage. The power came back on about 9:30 pm, bring all my fun to a halt. We are currently now at Domecom 4 with 1/2 inch of ice, covered with about 3 inches of snow. Hasn't melted any to day, so I had to go out with a ladder and hairdryer to defrost both of the sattalite dishes. Still keeping the stove stoked with wood. Domeguy...signing out.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Roger tango Domeguy, good copy... carry on with missions as they develop and continue with your after action reports! Eleven Bravo out...
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Currently at Domecon 4...all stations reporting quiet. What's that...we are out of Oreos...all station...EMERGENCY...we are at Domecom 1...I repeat...DOMECOM 1

OMG, you make it sound like your out of twinkies... Oreos are something you just put on a list and get on your next store trip.
    "AR - America's Rifle"

Glad to hear that everyone seems to have survived Snowmegeddon '16. DomeGuy, good work!

Just took the chains off, always easier than going on.. Lil'Bravo helped me shovel a path for the mail man, need Mama's W2 to file taxes otherwise Id give a damn.

I found out I need to spend quality time with the treadmill again, been soft way too long...

EB
    "AR - America's Rifle"

I'll most likely shit myself

We had to make a quick trip this past week. Got a call on Wed morning that my mother in law had passed ( different thread coming on that). We got some snow and a little ice Wed while we were getting packed up and ready to leave and decided to wait till Thursday morning to leave and give the road trucks time to clear the mountain and up thru Kentucky which had gotten snow as well. When we left out and got off our road, which was slick as snot, the roads were in good shape. By the time we got to Lexington the roads were dry and snow was no more than an inch or two all the way into Michigan.
    Kept an eye on the weather while we was up there and watched the snow move across Kentucky into Virginia and up the coast. Headed back home today and again little to nothing on the ground until we got below Cincinati. Snow kept increasing and just below Lexington it really stated building up. The Interstate was clear, but there was depths of up to 18", with drifts even higher. Side roads we still covered and parking lots were bad for the most part. Near the state line it was still 8" or so deep and had more ice in the trees than further north. We had snow back up the mountain once we got in Tenn. but as soon as we left the mountain there was no more than a dusting.
    We knew that snow was expected and loaded up accordingly. Never needed any supplies we took, but glad to have them anyway.

Glad everyone affected turned out OK.

I found out I need to spend quality time with the treadmill again, been soft way too long...

EB[/QUOTE]

"Not me", he yells, brushing the Oreo crumbs from his lap, and reaching to the Twinkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Domeguy View Post

EB
    "Not me", he yells, brushing the Oreo crumbs from his lap, and reaching to the Twinkies![/QUOTE]

I resemble that remark!

Quote Originally Posted by Socalman View Post
    "Not me", he yells, brushing the Oreo crumbs from his lap, and reaching to the Twinkies!
    I resemble that remark![/QUOTE]

All too true here my friend, all too true.