Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Peanut butter powder and other powdered foods

For the Love of Cats

Great review. sounds like another keeper for the pantry.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Quote Originally Posted by realist View Post
    Hey IW is the milk good? That is another thing I am going to want to try. I figure the peanut butter, shortening and milk I can get assimilate into our daily life and my wife might go for it. Now the kids are out of the house we have a hard time using things up. So if it will keep longer she just might go with it.

I just finished reading about shortening and it looks good. That is one thing we use a lot of seasonally so if I can extend its life that would be good. The article says it makes great cookies and pie crusts.

http://www.cookingwithmyfoodstorage....r-yes-you.html

I'm not much of a judge on the dry milk - I only use 2% regular milk and it doesn't equal to full fat milk .... but I know some families swear by the LDS dry milk - they say adding a bit of vanilla extract to any of the dry milk helps fill out the taste - I have a supply tagged for the purpose ....

I'd certainly buy a small can before going whole hog on a bucket - if you have kids involved they need to be a consideration .....

interesting site devoted to cooking using stored food - lots of good info/planning besides the recipes

http://myfoodstoragecookbook.com/recipe-index/

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Ive said it before, but here goes... Just about every grocery store Ive been to sells Nestle Nido milk in the mexican isle.. This stuff is damn near moo cow milk! Ive drank it out the glass (colder is better) and its pretty damn good. Ive cooked with it, works fine.. cant tell you didnt use real milk! Wife even used it before, and shes not open to using stuff like that as a basis.

Put it this way, dry no fat milk taste like CHALK! Nido taste AWESOME compared!

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

finally pooped
    The wife uses powdered peanut butter. It is nothing like normal peanut butter.

Nothing I can do will make it taste or take the consistency of normal peanut butter. I've tried a ton of different things. It's fine when mixed with other items though, like milk or cookies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    Welcome to the internet.
    One of us types in our heart and soul, and then puts it up for the world.
    Then, the rest get to interpret it.
    It is literal, or figurative?
    Sad, or happy?
    Angry, or calm?
    Just black and white words on a screen.
    Not like a conversation in person, with facial expressions, body language, tone of voice.

Still, we here pretty much slide along without issues.
    Imagine how well we could get along in person.

Or, we would just think each other is a bunch of assholes

seems to be questions about the different milks available ... the UTuber is a bit of a babbler but the info is there if you stick with it ....

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?...1&type=sbc_dsl

here's a bit of USA Emergency Supplies reference section - gives a good background on milk & dairy

https://www.usaemergencysupply.com/i...ered-milk-made

Where's the epi?

We have powdered peanut butter. Makes great milkshakes especially if ya add banana and chocolate! Yummy. Can't stand that Nilda dry milk. Just threw away a full container of it. I'm a real milk girl I guess and it has to be ice cold. Super funny about milk. Haven't found a powder I like yet....maybe I should hammer it with chocolate to make it palatable. Think guys are easier to get to eat and drink stuff that is a little 'iffy' (some even eat cat).
    I apologize for nothing...

For the Love of Cats

I found some powdered peanut butter at the local bulk barn last week and grabbed some. haven't even tried it yet
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Give us your eval when you try it T.
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"