Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sucks!!!

For the Love of Cats

yeah... those are the hard numbers, but then the intrinsic values come into play.
    I more than 1/2 my daily commute=increased home time
    possible bonuses
    profit sharing
    in house gym

so many considerations.

My biggest limitation is that I absolutely love my job. I love going into work each day, I love what I do.

I hope for nothing less for the next one.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Do you have a robot?
    Sniper good luck on the search. Your word is very important, however in essence they gave their word to employ you and you worked to the best of your ability. They broke that bond when they decided to close, so as much as you love your job, you and family are more important. I agree crunch the numbers and figure out what you would lose in the severance pay. One thing you might do to is negotiate with your new company that if you leave early you will lose your bonus, they might just come up some or match it. If you do not ask nothing will happen. Good luck to you.
    Last edited by Sniper-T; 02-27-2016 at 04:34 AM. Reason: LOOSE VS LOSE GRAMMER NAZI
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

For the Love of Cats

If it comes down to interviews, and an offer, it will certainly be mentioned. I seriously doubt that they would match as a signing bonus... but they may hold off on a start date, esp. when/if I offer to come in for 'pre-training' and/or take courses on my own time to facilitate the transition.

I will do whatever I can to work with a new company to facilitate the transition and still maximize my opportunities.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.