So, what's left...I guess it would be the solar panel and the solar cable wires. Nearly all new panels now being made will have their own set of wires coming out of the underside of the panels. There will be a positive cable and a negative cable, usually coming from a box, sealed fron the elements. One of the cables will have a male fitting, and the other will have a female fitting. If you were wiring a series of panels together, you could wire one into the next one, and it into the next one, ect. Or you could wire them into a combiner box, and make many cables go in, and come out with just a pair, 1 negative and 1 positive. By as I am just using one high wattage panel, I just wired it straight to the charge controller. But I also needed it to be able to be easily unplugged for portability. I also wanted to make it idiot proof, because if I plugged the negative cable into the positive going into the charge controller, well, let's just say it wouldn't be good. The panels outgoing positive cable had a male connection, the negative had a female connection, so I wired the charge controller cables coming out of the box so the positive wire/cable also had a male connection, and the negative wire/cable had a negative connection. This way, even if someone tried to plug the panel straight into the box, the fittings wouldn't fit. And if you remember I earlier cut about 15' off the cable off each end of the 50' cable. I wired a male to the male ending cable, and a female to the other one with the female fitting. This way, the one with the double female fittings can only plug up to the male from the solar panel, and to the male fitting coming from the box connected to the charge controller, and the same for the other cable, but only in reverse. Now, they have been working on the solar cables/wires for years, trying to come up with a standard plug...they are now in its 4th generation on the solar connection. It cannot be unconnected once you plug male/female together without a special tool that I snaps the tabs in the fitting. So here is a picture of it, and the cable male female ends.[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Notice how the male fittings has rubber O ring gaskets on it. This keeps all the connections water tight.