Thread: Lighting alternatives

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Coleman fuel/camp gas/white gas, pretty much if exactly all the same. Should only be used in pressurized type devices such as pump up stoves and pump up lanterns, etc..

Lamp oil/liquid paraffin pretty much the same thing, for oil lamp and hurricane lanterns, not much anything else.

Alladan lamps are a creature of there own, and worth looking into... Lehmans has them. There pricey, and make sure you have plenty of extra mantels. Are they worth it? Yup, and I want 1 or 3!

http://kk.org/cooltools/aladdin-lamps/

Least we forget, a decent deep cycle/gel cell battery, panel and charger and small inverter... running strings of LED Christmas lights works really well, lower cost investment, etc..

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

may be in trouble

ElevenBravo: "Least we forget, a decent deep cycle/gel cell battery, panel and charger and small inverter... running strings of LED Christmas lights works really well, lower cost investment, etc.."

Might also use, for point light source, the short LED strips used for car trim. I've seen them complete with their own powerstrip for stepping down from the cig lighter, so I imagine the inverter could be omitted from the circuit. (Keep them things around, though, as they are, $ 4 $, the best electrical investment a prepper ever had).