Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Garden 2016

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    Got the 9 global buckets in the yard set up yesterday, in the boxes that I made last fall:

I still have to plant flowers in the front to hopefully attract some bees, and add the upper frame to tie the tomatoes to so they don't fall over.

Also got my hoy peppers planted (Ghost, Portuguese, Match, and Jalapino):

No pics yet, but also got my sweet bells planted, and put the critter fences up on my carrots and beets, and hot peppers.
    Man those bucket boxes are nice. I'm gonna make a 3 sided cedar surround to hide the ugly of the buckets since they sit almost against a wall it only needs 3 sides. I made some boxes for individual ones last year that sit on top of the same wall, and they look good, but they're just fence board and 2x2 cedar.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

For the Love of Cats

yeah, they are definitely wife approved! she loved the idea of the buckets from day one, but hated the looks of them. Once she gets flowers planted in the front, she's gonna like the boxes even more!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Do you have a robot?
    They really look nice, good job. Now it the time to go into business selling them.....
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

I have still yet to grow a brain
    [IMG][/IMG]

This is some of what I started from seeds early this year. Already started my second crop of radishes. I am pretty pumped about what I have pulled of this year.
    The tallest oak in the forest was once just a nut who held its ground.

Be decisive. Right or Wrong, make a decision. The road of life is paved with flat squirrels who could not make a decision.

I'll most likely shit myself

Nice work guys. that stuff looks awesome. I am so happy to see the work you all are putting in is paying off.

No pics, but I picked the first of our onions tonight. About a third of my Copra's. They mostly were a decent small to medium onion. Also picked a few Early Flat Dutch cabbage, and several leaf lettuce plants.

Taters are starting to die off, so I'm gonna gravel a few hills this weekend and see how they are making. Tomatos are bloomking heavy and some of the San Marzano Romas are setting pretty heavy. Should be some good canning later on. Winter and summer squash, and pumpkins are growing well. All my Melons are coming up. Hot and Bell peppers are growing and starting to bloom ande my cukes are running and blooming like crazy.

Walking thru my grapes and fruit I found a bunch of mulberry's starting to ripen, blackberries, and blueberries close to ripening. Blueberries are heavy too. Most all my apple, peach, and both pear trees have fruit set and growing. This would be my first harvest from the trees. Pecans and Pawpaws don't look like they are gonna produce anything this year.

We just got 3" of rain over the weekend and that was our first significant rain in over two months. All the plants, and the weeds of course have shot up, so back to weeding everything.

For the Love of Cats

Wife got some flowers planted last night, don't ask me what kind.

All three boxes:

looks like my tomatoes got a bit of sunburn...

Supposed to be cloudy for a couple days, so hopefully that helps.

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

For the Love of Cats

A friend had some potatoes going out of control (Home grown from a year ago) So I built a box and tossed them in:

I'll most likely shit myself

Took a stroll around the yard last night, got a large handful of mulberries and blueberries. First of both for the season. We also will have our first apples since I planted them. First ones will be Lodi's. Most all the trees have at least some apples on them, as do the pears. We also got our first bell pepper.

I have still yet to grow a brain
    It seems that we are all cranking nicely in our endeavors. It will be a good year for all of us.
    The tallest oak in the forest was once just a nut who held its ground.

Be decisive. Right or Wrong, make a decision. The road of life is paved with flat squirrels who could not make a decision.

For the Love of Cats

knock on wood...