Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dead Girls

CC Gray Panther
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    Just cause you don't see me doesn't mean I ain't here!
    They're still youngin's Grumpus. They're still learning to decipher the shadows. But this group is a smart bunch and before long they'll get the hang of it.
    You and I know some on here who know how but we won't name any names.

I'll most likely shit myself

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    Just cause you don't see me doesn't mean I ain't here!
    True True. But it is good to hear from you every now and then.

may be in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by jamesneuen View Post
    Find some downed logs and drill a hole about an inch and a half across, drive some nails into it at an angle so they point down into the hole then shove a piece of herring or fish down there. They will grab it and not let go. They won't be able to get their hand out with it made into a fist.
    Same sort of trap tends to take out fishers, martens and weasels, but for different reasons that I won't go into. When first I found why it did that, had to make a run to pray to Ralph.

I see the point in quick-kill traps. Maiming the creature and letting it suffer...no. IIRC in some states you have to run your trapline every 12 hours minimum. Not being a green weenie, just that if a pet of mine was to get nailed by a trap, I'd hope it would be killed quick-like. And I don't see how making a creature suffer is either responsible or "sporting".

The Indians had the right of it... hunt for food and pelts, waste as little as possible. And give thanks and honor when the animal is taken.

CC Gray Panther
    Re read this post and after some thought I got only one solution for ya.

Claymore ; for the win.

Yup! Sounds like a raccoon.
    We keep our chickens behind several layers of 6' tall chainlink fence. There are gray foxes that live less than 50 yards from the chickens, but they don't bother the birds.
    Only had one instance of a coon - darn thing climbed the 6' fence to gain access to the area, and then was frustrated by the tarp tops on the 6' dog kennels we keep the various little flocks in.
    The first night, a freaked out hen somehow stuck her head thru the link. The coon ate the head, and as much of the insides as it could reach.
    2nd night, I still didn't know what I was dealing with, it tried to dig under the kennels.
    3rd night, the coon fell for the live trap I set, baited with chicken gizzards.
    Ruger 10-22, and a trip to the dumpster at work.