Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Setting up for the garden transplanting

I'll most likely shit myself

Damn Vodin, your making me tired!

Experimentation is the best teacher.

Do you have a robot?
    Vodin are all your plants started on a hydroponic system? I noticed no marijuana, what is your cash crop…………. Out here Hydroponics are real big and I keep saying I want to try out some plants, vegetables that is. It is my understanding they grow faster, bigger, due to the nutrients and the outcome is more predictable.
    Snow on the ground, what's that???? We started the garden a couple of weeks ago. Already been getting a bunch of artichokes each week. The Zucchini are ones we planted from seeds from last year’s crop and are coming along well. We started a bunch of plants several weeks ago. Tomatoes, cantaloupe, crookneck squash, blue lake beans and broccoli all went in yesterday. We planted seeds for the Walla Walla onions. I did cheated and bought some variety of lettuce since we forgot about starting them. We will put in a second crop in about a month.

Do you guys use a heating pad under your plants when you are planting in regular soil?
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

I have still yet to grow a brain
    backpacker, sorry I try not to type that much but there is stuff to be done.

realist, OK fast definition needed.

Hydroponics= water and chemicals to grow plants. Aquaponics water and fish to grow the plants.

Lets be blunt here if something goes bad I want to be able to continue to grow fish and plants. Aquaponics can do that, it uses the fish waste and converts it into nutrients for the plants. The plants clean that out of the water and it returns to the fish for reuse.
    Hydroponics you will need to buy the chemicals that are not present in the water for the plants, And that would be difficult to replicate.

Mary J: it has crossed my mind a few times but I have not felt the urge to pursue.
    Cash Cropuno I eat it all before I sell anything. I go downstairs for my Zen time, have a shot of a beverage, eat some mustard greens, Watch/feed the Tilapia and eat a pepper or 2. Rinse repeat
    Heating pads: 2 are used could use another 2 but I cycle the plants to get light and heat at the same time. All of the plants were started from seed.

Completed the raised garden bed build and the prepping of the straw bales. We have another storm coming in poss this weekend or early next week. I will plant a few cold hardy plants and use waterwalls to protect them from the weather.

Colorado may lift the rain collection ban. If so I will buy 4 55 gallon barrels maybe 5 and set them up for various plans.
    The tallest oak in the forest was once just a nut who held its ground.

Be decisive. Right or Wrong, make a decision. The road of life is paved with flat squirrels who could not make a decision.