Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
You know, from the pics, it's upright. It also has an "inner" cap, meaning the cap threads down into the inside of the end.
This is not conducive to shedding water. Rain will sit on the flat top, laying on those threads. If there is a way in, water will find it.
Also, if it's as close to the surface as it appears, and the sun hits that area, the top will warm up in the sun, and cool at night.
A ring always expands more than a plug.
The air at the top will add slight pressure, if it can escape, the cooling at night will cause a vacuum, sucking air back in.
Or, some rainwater that was on top.

At least that's a theory.

Sent from my SGP612 using Tapatalk
It is about 8-12 inches below ground level. Only one gets full sun, the rest only get limited sun. I want the threads up, that will allow me to get out some supplies and re close. When I get all the water out, I will use sealant to close them up next time, instead of the liquid plumber stuff I used last time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by T70 View Post
I was curious how this would turn out ever since we talked about it. It makes me wonder though how the water got in...the way it was sealed I really thought it would be fine.

- - - Updated - - -

You know we've had way more rain the last few years than normal here too though...
My theory was that the iron ore would not allow much water to penetrate to the tube. Guess I was wrong.