Thread: Yaesu FT-60R HT

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    may be in trouble

Works for me, gents. HRO got my order for the mic/earphone interface and for a Diamond RH-77CA antenna. Battery's fine as frog fur, as the guy gimme a NEW setup. But I do like the idea of a backup, true nuff. Programming cable and a copy of CHIRP are indeed next on the hit parade. I am, however, considering putting a amp in there, 'cause 5 watts in Vegas is not hitting anything.

Somewhere I'd heard of some odd soul taking his HT apart and spreading it on a breadboard...way beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kesephist View Post
    Works for me, gents. HRO got my order for the mic/earphone interface and for a Diamond RH-77CA antenna. Battery's fine as frog fur, as the guy gimme a NEW setup. But I do like the idea of a backup, true nuff. Programming cable and a copy of CHIRP are indeed next on the hit parade. I am, however, considering putting a amp in there, 'cause 5 watts in Vegas is not hitting anything.

Somewhere I'd heard of some odd soul taking his HT apart and spreading it on a breadboard...way beyond me.
    If you can't hit a repeater in Vegas (Potosi or Red Mountain) with 5 watts, there is something wrong with the radio or how you have it programmed...

And breadboarding your HT is the functional equivalent of digesting a meal - what you end up with is crap.