Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Seeking Survival Experts/Preppers for New TV Show!

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Quote Originally Posted by realist View Post
    Don't much have a use for the Hell's Angels but they used to have a saying which is truce, "Three can keep a secret if two are dead". Op Sec is important because a lapse can lead to you being one of the two.......
    I pointed this out to Blair, that once the location is known, then what happens 3-5 days later if SHTF, or 3-4 weeks later... a few people would be like..."I know where we can go... I know where theres a Bunker..." and thats how OpSec fails.
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

He's old and grumpy, but not fat. He'll be right back...he has to go tell some kids to get off his lawn

Location of one's BOL is a defenite problem, but could be over come. It all depends on how one wishes to get the cameras and recording equipment out to the site. If one is "bugging in" as Stephanie states, one may actually be at one's house rather then at a remote location. These are all details that would need to be worked out pre-production. There are ways around everything if one works at it. I'm currently corresponding with Stephanie, and I'm sure she'll answer the logistical and OpSec issue involved. From what I've heard so far, the production company wants to stay as faraway from "DoomsdayPreppers" type of show as possible.
    "There are no winners in war, only bigger losers"

If you see me or hear me coming, I'm not doing my job.

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by Stormfeather View Post
    I got this email a few days ago and responded to them. (Only because I have talked to these folks before.) They are an actual company and they actually do good work. I did send them to our friendly website here, as well as others. I also informed them that they would be hard pressed to find anyone on our site who would be interested, (other websites would have more people who may possibly be interested) but you actually never know!
    The guy I talked to was actually interested in information on questions to ask, what to look for, and what to look out for, so in that aspect, I think this group here would be especially beneficial because we are probably the best on the net in regards to no ego, no BS, and actually willing to help out people.
    If this is something I should have forewarned the group here about, I do apologize. But as far as a reliable source of knowledgeable people without all the ego of say a large rifle named web forum, this probably is one of the best out there.
    OH.....by the way I'm bringing some friends over to your house for dinner. I won't be coming but I gave them directions. They didn't say when they'd be there..............oh, they've arrived! Nice job Stormy, dipshit!
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Bacon saver

OK, so I'm going to see how this one plays out, by the way, you can't see me, I'm hiding under Domeguy's house. You gotta love the cave systems in TN, they go everywhere!

He's old and grumpy, but not fat. He'll be right back...he has to go tell some kids to get off his lawn

You have to look at this for what it is. Pilgrim Productions is looking for people to volunteer. I m sure that there will be some willing participants under the right conditions. No one is getting their arm twisted to volunteer. If they don't get enough participants, I m sure they will scrap the project and move on to other projects. Even a prepping 101 type program might be in the mix. Let's face it "Doomsday Preppers",was a farce, and a slap in the face to those of us who are serious about being prepared for a real world SHTF event. No one with any common sense is preparing for a zombie invasion, or fighting off the entire 3rd world.

Bacon saver

Yes, I concur and you might have noticed the sarcasm dripping from my previous posts

Like I said, I'll watch from the cheap seats and try not to derail the thing.

Actually talked to the young lady today. They have two more weeks to go in their casting search for willing participants. Stephanie says this has been quite a learning experience for her. If I had a bunker/shelter I might give it a shot. Anonymity seems very high on her list for whom ever may agree to being filmed. Couldn't really get into how they were going to assure that, as I caught her just before she was about to go into a meeting. She did however express gratitude to all who, gave her advice, and plans on returning here should the production company have other prepper related projects. We'll have to see if this project gets off the ground. Further details as I get them.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Quote Originally Posted by Stg1swret View Post
    No one with any common sense is preparing for a zombie invasion, or fighting off the entire 3rd world.
    Speak for yourself, skirt man! HA HA!
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Do you have a robot?
    Third world, no I don't live anywhere near Chicago, so I'm good, only Zombies
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

Quote Originally Posted by realist View Post
    Third world, no I don't live anywhere near Chicago, so I'm good, only Zombies

when you talk 3rd World you're not talking Chicago - the southern border states is 3rd World Central .... not only the entire spectrum of the Southern Hemisphere but all kinds of POS creeping across the border from Africa & Asia .... and now Obammy is seeing to it the they get more than share of the Muslims being allowed in ....

Chicago has their hands full with the domestic watusi tribes ....