Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Seeking Survival Experts/Preppers for New TV Show!

Seeking Survival Experts/Preppers for New TV Show!

Hello,

My name is Stephanie Alger and I’m a Casting Producer with Pilgrim Studios, a production company based in Los Angeles. We’re probably best known for our show “Dirty Jobs” with Mike Rowe.

I’m emailing you today about an exciting new show that we’re working on about people with survival shelters. On our show, we’ll invite participants to live in their shelters for a few weeks and film it. We’d provide a stipend AND stock the shelter, so it’s a great opportunity to test your level of preparation!

Feel free to email me at SALGER@PILGRIMSTIDIOS.COM for more info!

And/or

If you think you would be a good candidate for the show send an email to SALGER@PILGRIMSTUDIOS.COM with your name, city/state, phone number, a recent photo of yourself and your shelter/bunker!

Stephanie Alger
    Casting Producer
    PILGRIM MEDIA GROUP
    12020 Chandler Blvd., Ste. 200
    North Hollywood, CA 91607
    (818) 853-0229 direct
    (818) 847-7938 fax
    (818) 200-8947 mobile

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    According to IMDB, Pilgrim is indeed a production company listed for some older shows.
    12020 is a real building on Chandler N Hollywood CA as verified by Google street view,
    but there is no signs outside to indicate residents.
    My LinkedIn-Fu may be weak, I cannot find you (Stephanie Alger)

Im already disqualified, I dont have a shelter or a bunker. My mind is my primary tool. ;-)

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

CC Gray Panther
    My shelter is Walmart ; Do I qualify ?

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    I got this email a few days ago and responded to them. (Only because I have talked to these folks before.) They are an actual company and they actually do good work. I did send them to our friendly website here, as well as others. I also informed them that they would be hard pressed to find anyone on our site who would be interested, (other websites would have more people who may possibly be interested) but you actually never know!
    The guy I talked to was actually interested in information on questions to ask, what to look for, and what to look out for, so in that aspect, I think this group here would be especially beneficial because we are probably the best on the net in regards to no ego, no BS, and actually willing to help out people.
    If this is something I should have forewarned the group here about, I do apologize. But as far as a reliable source of knowledgeable people without all the ego of say a large rifle named web forum, this probably is one of the best out there.
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

For the Love of Cats

I wonder if she would be willing to come film up here in February... 100 miles from the nearest city?

lol.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    They wont be filming til next year, and from what Im understanding, they will just be setting up cameras and viewing remotely. Zero interaction with the "bunker person"
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

I have not updated my Linkedin for quiet some time. You can find me at http://staffmeup.com/profile/stephalger77?ne=1

Roger that salger, not a problem. Forums tend to attract the "questionable" while trying to look "official", SF's vouch is sufficient for me.

Were not the typical "paranoid" type, but rather the better educated type here, I think is what Im trying to communicate.

If your looking for the types that were starred in series that had a name similar to "Doomsday 'something or another'", I do not think your going to find it here... Most of us are "normal" folks working a job with families and level heads... yeah, boring.

We are a mix of preppers and survivalist, some a little of both.. but were grey folks that blend in with "civilization". However, we will be prepared for emergencies, problems or mayben even a million screaming (insert the country of your choice) soldier rushing the border. HA HA!

Im not a Bear Grylls (mostly because I refuse to drink my own urine) but I do fancy I have some woods skills that would keep me alive long enough to be found.

Ive been here for a while, there are a few truly active members... and I *think* Ive represented just about all of us to one degree or another. Many here have military backgrounds, some dont... and no one cares... Its more about the level headed exchange of information and having a common core group to talk to (since most co-workers and family so live in the moment we are 'weird' to them).

Thats all I can think of, Im flattered you posted here... best I can do is take my Flip camera on a camping trip and then a shooting range...

Cheers,
    EB

- - - Updated - - -

PS
    Your cute as a button, but dont tell my wife I said that!!
    "AR - America's Rifle"

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    I wonder if she would be willing to come film up here in February... 100 miles from the nearest city?

lol.
    I hear January is a good time frame to truly enjoy the view!
    "AR - America's Rifle"

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    Hmmmm...well, team Dome is looking for a new replacement for the newly vacated and highly coveted position of Mrs. Dome. My dome could be described as my survival shelter...just one that has 3300 sq ft with granite countertops, tile throughout, solid oak doors, and lavishly decorated interior. Ah, shit...who am I trying to kid...its a dump. I guess it's to much to ask if she has purdy teeth.