Thread: Independence Day

Independence Day

I thought I'd post this a day early

In Congress,July 4, 1776.
    A Declaration
    By the Representatives of the
    United states of America,
    In general Congress assembled.
    When in the course of human Events, itbecomes necessary for one People to dissolve the Political Bands which haveconnected them with another, and to assume among the Powers of the Earth, theseparate and equal Station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature’s Godentitle them, a decent Respect to the Opinions of Mankind requires that theyshould declare the causes which impel them to the Separation.
    We hold these Truths to beself-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by theirCreator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty,and the pursuit of Happiness—-That to secure these Rights, Governments areinstituted among Men, deriving their just Powers from the Consent of theGoverned, that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of theseEnds, it is the Right of the People to alter or abolish it, and to institute anew Government, laying its Foundation on such Principles, and organizing itsPowers in such Form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safetyand Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long establishedshould not be changed for light and transient Causes; and accordingly allExperience hath shewn, that Mankind are more disposed to suffer, while Evilsare sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the Forms to which theyare accustomed. But when a long Train of Abuses and Usurpations, pursuinginvariably the same Object, evinces a Design to reduce them under absoluteDespotism, it is their Right, it is their Duty, to throw off such Government,and to provide new Guards for their future Security. Such has been the patient Sufferanceof these Colonies; and such is now the Necessity which constrains them to altertheir former Systems of Government. The History of the Present King ofGreat-Britain is a History of repeated Injuries and Usurpations, all having indirect Object the Establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. Toprove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid World.
    He has refused his Assent toLaws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public Good.
    He has forbidden his Governorsto pass Laws of immediate and pressing Importance, unless suspended in theirOperation till his Assent should be obtained; and when so suspended, he hasutterly neglected to attend to them.
    He has refused to pass otherLaws for the Accommodation of large Districts of People; unless those Peoplewould relinquish the Right of Representation in the Legislature, a Rightinestimable to them, and formidable to Tyrants only.
    He has called togetherLegislative Bodies at Places unusual, uncomfortable, and distant from theDepository of their public Records, for the sole Purpose of fatiguing them intoCompliance with his Measures.
    He has dissolved RepresentativeHouses repeatedly, for opposing with manly Firmness his Invasions on the Rightsof the People.
    He has refused for a long Time,after such Dissolutions, to cause others to be elected; whereby the LegislativePowers, incapable of Annihilation, have returned to the People at large fortheir exercise; the State remaining in the mean time exposed to all the Dangersof Invasion from without, and Convulsions within.
    He has endeavoured to preventthe Population of these States; for that Purpose obstructing the Laws forNaturalization of Foreigners; refusing to pass others to encourage theirMigrations hither, and raising the Conditions of new Appropriations of Lands.
    He has obstructed theAdministration of Justice, by refusing his Assent to Laws for establishingJudiciary Powers.
    He has made Judges dependent onhis Will alone, for the Tenure of their Offices, and Amount and Payment oftheir Salaries.
    He has erected a Multitude ofnew Offices, and sent hither Swarms of Officers to harass our People, and eatout their Substance.
    He has kept among us, in Timesof Peace, Standing Armies, without the consent of our Legislature.
    He has affected to render theMilitary independent of and superior to the Civil Power.
    He has combined with others tosubject us to a Jurisdiction foreign to our Constitution, and unacknowledged byour Laws; giving his Assent to their Acts of pretended Legislation:
    For quartering large Bodies ofArmed Troops among us:
    For protecting them, by a mockTrial, from Punishment for any Murders which they should commit on theInhabitants of these States:
    For cutting off our Trade withall Parts of the World:
    For imposing taxes on us withoutour Consent:
    For depriving us, in manyCases, of the Benefits of Trial by Jury:
    For transporting us beyond Seasto be tried for pretended Offences:
    For abolishing the free Systemof English Laws in a neighbouring Province, establishing therein an arbitraryGovernment, and enlarging its Boundaries, so as to render it at once an Exampleand fit Instrument for introducing the same absolute Rule in these Colonies:
    For taking away our Charters,abolishing our most valuable Laws, and altering fundamentally the Forms of ourGovernments:
    For suspending our ownLegislatures, and declaring themselves invested with Powers to legislate for usin all Cases whatsoever.
    He has abdicated Governmenthere, by declaring us out of his Protection and waging War against us.
    He has plundered our Seas,ravaged our Coasts, burnt our Towns, and destroyed the Lives of our People.
    He is, at this Time,transporting large Armies of foreign Mercenaries to compleat the Works ofDeath, Desolation, and Tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty andPerfidy, scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous Ages, and totally unworthythe Head of a civilized Nation.
    He has constrained our fellowCitizens taken Captive on the high Seas to bear Arms against their Country, tobecome the Executioners of their Friends and Brethren, or to fall themselves bytheir Hands.
    He has excited domesticInsurrections among us, and has endeavoured to bring on the Inhabitants of ourFrontiers, the merciless Indian Savages, whose known Rule of Warfare, is anundistinguished Destruction, of all Ages, Sexes and Conditions.
    In every stage of theseOppressions we have Petitioned for Redress in the most humble Terms: Ourrepeated Petitions have been answered only by repeated Injury. A Prince, whoseCharacter is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to bethe Ruler of a free People.
    Nor have we been wanting inAttentions to our British Brethren. We have warned them from Time to Time ofAttempts by their Legislature to extend an unwarrantable Jurisdiction over us.We have reminded them of the Circumstances of our Emigration and Settlementhere. We have appealed to their native Justice and Magnanimity, and we haveconjured them by the Ties of our common Kindred to disavow these Usurpations, which,would inevitably interrupt our Connections and Correspondence. They too havebeen deaf to the Voice of Justice and of Consanguinity. We must, therefore,acquiesce in the Necessity, which denounces our Separation, and hold them, aswe hold the rest of Mankind, Enemies in War, in Peace, Friends.
    We, therefore, theRepresentatives of the United States ofAmerica, in General Congress,Assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the World for the Rectitude of ourIntentions, do, in the Name, and by the Authority of the good People of theseColonies, solemnly Publish and Declare, That these United Colonies are, and ofRight ought to be, Free and IndependentStates; that they are absolved from all Allegiance to the British Crown,and that all political Connection between them and the State of Great-Britain,is and ought to be totally dissolved; and that as Free and Independent States, they have full Power to levyWar, conclude Peace, contract Alliances, establish Commerce, and to do allother Acts and Things which IndependentStates may of right do. And for the support of this Declaration, with afirm Reliance on the Protection of the divine Providence, we mutually pledge toeach other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor.
    Signed by Order and in Behalfof the Congress,
    John Hancock, President.
    Attest.
    Charles Thomson, Secretary.

I'll most likely shit myself

Thank you Fidel. That needs to be contemplated daily.

Bacon saver

Now if we could just get the "GENPOP" to implement it. We might have a United States Of America, a republic.

"That to secure these Rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just Powers from the Consent of the Governed, that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these Ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or abolish it, and to institute anew Government, laying its Foundation on such Principles, and organizing its Powers in such Form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness." Unquote............

I could quote a long list of reasons but I don't think I need to THANK YOU "Fidel" for such a huge reminder of the reasons why and what this country was founded on and stands for, er ah used to. Sniff, sniff..........
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Good Independence Day, folks!

For some singing I recommend this, especially the last verse

O say can you see, by the dawn’s early light,
    What so proudly we hail’d at the twilight’s last gleaming,
    Whose broad stripes and bright stars through the perilous fight
    O’er the ramparts we watch’d were so gallantly streaming?
    And the rocket’s red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
    Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there,
    O say does that star-spangled banner yet wave

O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

On the shore dimly seen through the mists of the deep
    Where the foe’s haughty host in dread silence reposes,
    What is that which the breeze, o’er the towering steep,
    As it fitfully blows, half conceals, half discloses?
    Now it catches the gleam of the morning’s first beam,
    In full glory reflected now shines in the stream,
    ’Tis the star-spangled banner—O long may it wave
    O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore,
    That the havoc of war and the battle’s confusion
    A home and a Country should leave us no more?
    Their blood has wash’d out their foul footstep’s pollution.
    No refuge could save the hireling and slave
    From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave,
    And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
    O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

O thus be it ever when freemen shall stand
    Between their lov’d home and the war’s desolation!
    Blest with vict’ry and peace may the heav’n rescued land
    Praise the power that hath made and preserv’d us a nation!
    Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
    And this be our motto – “In God is our trust,”
    And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
    O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

He's old and grumpy, but not fat. He'll be right back...he has to go tell some kids to get off his lawn

For those of you who haven't , I recommend this family tradition which my family has always carried on on this the 4th of July. We have our family flag raising ceremony, and before we tend to the events of the rest of the day, we read the Declaration of Independence. For most of the sheeple in this country, they can't even tell you what or from whom we celebrate our independence. It is shameful that supposedly educated people do not understand, nor can explain the true meaning of the day. To them it is just an excuse to party and blow off fingers and toes shooting off fireworks.
    Schools no longer teach real history, everything now is about how this marvelous country mistreats everyone in the world. Of course it doesn't help that our President see the nation as a colonial power that oppresses and bullies the world at large.
    "There are no winners in war, only bigger losers"

If you see me or hear me coming, I'm not doing my job.

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    No flag today, solid steady rain.
    Wife is at work. Damn retail.
    Daughter, having just graduated from her state mandated brainwashing, hides in her room, online.

I'll raise a toast, though, for all those who gave us the freedom that so many are trying so hard to destroy. There are still a few of us that appreciate it.

Sent from my SGP612 using Tapatalk
    Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers.
    Liberty is a Man-Of-War, and we are all crew.

may be in trouble

I shall, too, at the end of my day. Jack in the Black, neat. It'll help cauterize the wounds of the past seven-plus years.

Then I shall drink for my comrades, lately afflicted with diabetes. Shorty is a Captain Morgan drinker, and the Colonel Is a Crown Royal man.

I'll again with the New Year. And if November screws up, I'll take my chances and be plastered that Jan. 20, to the point of passed out. Timing is all; I'll not be conscious to witness more desecration of Bibles on the White House steps ever again.

Kesephist
    KI7CIL, General-class