Thread: Consider this scenario

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

Consider this scenario

I got this from a friend. This is what we are seeing.

“Statement of FBI Director Hoover on the atomic bomb spies.”

July 5, 1950. Washington, D.C. “Although we did not find clear evidence that Julius and Ethel Rosenberg intended to violate laws governing the handling of classified information on nuclear weapons, there is information that they were extremely careless in their handling of very sensitive data," FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover told reporters today in Washington, D.C., in deciding not to prosecute the alleged spies.

Hoover noted his lengthy federal probe found the ex-Army engineer and his wife carelessly used several different communications methods and numerous espionage devices to funnel top-secret data on the Los Alamos, New Mexico-based Manhattan Project to Stalin’s Soviet Union.

“Although there is evidence of potential violations of the statutes regarding the handling of classified information,” stated Hoover, “our judgment is that no reasonable prosecutor, such as Alger Hiss, would bring such a case. After all, prosecutors under political pressure and intimidation necessarily weigh a number of factors before deciding whether to bring charges.

“Especially in an election year."

Hoover’s announcement came just days after Hoover’s boss, Attorney General Howard McGrath, met with Julius Rosenberg, the husband of Ethel Roseberg, on an airplane in Los Alamos, New Mexico. Where Mr. Rosenberg had just happened to be passing by. Attorney General McGrath, the former chairman of the Democratic National Committee, had stressed the two had only talked about grandchildren, the weather, and Zion National Park.

J Edgar Hoover continued in his remarks: “But even if information is not marked ‘classified’ in an email, participants who know or should know that the subject matter is classified are still obligated to protect it, and not send it to associates who then forward the information to Moscow or other sworn enemies of the United States.” Hoover and his close friend, assistant FBI director Clyde Tolson, then left to attend a LGBT event.

After the FBI declined to indict the Rosenbergs, the couple boarded an airplane with President Harry S. Truman, for a round of campaign and fundraising appearances.
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

My initial, and still primary, reason for prepping is financial collapse. However, I have recently added political instability as my #2. This is not simply due to not having an appropriate candidate on the ticket, but also the clear similarity of the handling of the Clinton email case to the terrific post from Grumpy Old Man.

The Rosenbergs went from campaign regulars in 1950 to being convicted of conspiracy to commit espionage in 1951 to execution in 1953. Now, this doesn't in any way mean I expect Clinton to face lethal injection by 2019, but the handling of the development of the Rosenberg case just has so many similarities.

We have not heard the last of the Clinton email case and we may well still be talking about this in the years to come with a reasonable possibility of charges and a conviction after she enters office. Not promoting Trump at all here, but would you really want Clinton in office given what may come for her?

Bacon saver

I thank you for the post, I can't say that I "like" it. It's just a grim reminder of the corruption in our gov that still exists today. Did I read that right? "LGBT event?" Way too many acronyms.......
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Do you have a robot?
    The thing that kills me is nothing has changed. We never seem to learn by our mistakes.

It is always the people below who pay never the people at the top who are held responsible.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

Bacon saver

Agreed.......
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by realist View Post

It is always the people below who pay never the people at the top who are held responsible.
    So far, but next time, there will likely be a pretty total collapse. That hasn't happened before. I think when that happens, the people at the top will finally feel it.

Sent from my SGP612 using Tapatalk
    Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers.
    Liberty is a Man-Of-War, and we are all crew.