BR there are just too many people in Reno and it is too easy to get there. However there is a lot of area around which is wide open. The big problem is water that is why I would not consider it. Where there is water out there people know about it unless you are truly remote. For me even out here on the Left Coast far north there are places which I believe are safe. Do I like CA no but it is where I have all my family and stuff. There is a large loosely affiliated group who I have known for over 20 years who in a pinch would be banning together. The more I talk to people around me the more I find most of the people I have associated with who think the same way. I find we have at least five fallback locations we could go to which are secure. That said it would have to be a complete breakdown. At this time I am not willing to go against our current government so for that reason I prefer to just stay low and out of sight. As for local unrest it is something if it were to happen here it would be dealt with.