I am about ready to drop my $ and buy a generator in the next 10 days. My requirments are:

1. Portable - most are nowdays

2. In the area of 3000 watts continous power

3. Have electric start so my wife can fire it up if necessary

4. Relatively quiet

5. Be an invertor type

6. Last, it must be Kalifornia compliant (CARB)

I have been reading as much as I can find, now I want to know if anyone has personal experience with either of the following units:

Honda EU3000is - Have spent time with this unit at different times, home use and camping with my BIL.

PROS- Meets my requirements; the quietest unit around; about the lightest in the class; Has a long track record; 3 year warranty; up to 20 hours run time on 1 tank of fuel at 1/4 max output; can be chained with another unit for higher output

Cons Most expensive in the class; Japanese company, made in Japan

Champion 3500

Pros Meets my requirements; Slightly higher continuos output; several hundred dollars less than Honda; 2 year factory warranty; company is located about 30 minutes away if warranty work is needed;

Con Slightly louder (by only 3 db) than Honda but still acceptable; shorter run time, only 7 hours on a full tank at 1/4 max power; American company but made in CHINA

Let me know of your experience with either of these units. Remember that I have to be CARB compliant and I want it quiet for both camping use and OPSEC if that need arises