Thread: Phyical Fitness

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Update: Down to 230 this morning, weight seams to be falling off... waiting for a plateau which will eventually happen but... thats okay, the body does like that.

Still no sodas or junk food, started eating some rice and a little bit of bread. Still no pasta or condiments, or SUGAR. I had 1 beer last night. Been eating zero processed foods or meats, I just got paid so I got some veggies to juice (my UC does not like pulp/fiber from raw veggies, but does perfectly fine with juice!!).

Im feeling a *LOT* better, I wake up a lot easier and feel a ton better when I do. I also feel a ton better during the day.

As soon as this weather clears, Ill start my exercise program.

Using some office type program on my phone and made a simple spread sheet to track my progress and keep notes, thats pretty handy.

BTW, the UC is far from cured but its a *LOT* better than a week ago!!

I think in July or August or so, I was 255 trying for 56.. so yeah, my clothes are already starting to feel big! Oh, and Ill be 50 in March. Wow. AARP, here I come!

Thats all for now!
    EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

may be in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by ElevenBravo View Post
    Update: Down to 230 this morning, weight seams to be falling off... waiting for a plateau which will eventually happen but... thats okay, the body does like that.

Still no sodas or junk food, started eating some rice and a little bit of bread. Still no pasta or condiments, or SUGAR. I had 1 beer last night. Been eating zero processed foods or meats, I just got paid so I got some veggies to juice (my UC does not like pulp/fiber from raw veggies, but does perfectly fine with juice!!).

Im feeling a *LOT* better, I wake up a lot easier and feel a ton better when I do. I also feel a ton better during the day.

As soon as this weather clears, Ill start my exercise program.

Using some office type program on my phone and made a simple spread sheet to track my progress and keep notes, thats pretty handy.

BTW, the UC is far from cured but its a *LOT* better than a week ago!!

I think in July or August or so, I was 255 trying for 56.. so yeah, my clothes are already starting to feel big! Oh, and Ill be 50 in March. Wow. AARP, here I come!

Thats all for now!
    EB
    I'm no doctor, far far from it... just got back from wikipedia's article about UC... and the damnedest thing...

NICOTINE?

Ehhh...

One thing about diet of all kinds ... in a SHTF situation, a far more physical lifestyle than before will be the norm. Some of the things so dangerous to a more or less sedentary lifestyle are dangerous in that they aren't being burned off, or so I see it.

I mind the Amish of my boyhood, while not ripped and sixpacked, were strong and robust, and of a very active livelihood. An MD friend of mine told me of the few times that an Amish had an autopsy, even in the elders...his phrase "they had arteries and veins you could drive an HO train set through". Then, too, their diet wasn't up to the gills in complex preservatives, either.

just my 30 mg of silver.

Kesephist

Quote Originally Posted by Kesephist View Post
    I'm no doctor, far far from it... just got back from wikipedia's article about UC... and the damnedest thing...

NICOTINE?

Ehhh...

One thing about diet of all kinds ... in a SHTF situation, a far more physical lifestyle than before will be the norm. Some of the things so dangerous to a more or less sedentary lifestyle are dangerous in that they aren't being burned off, or so I see it.

I mind the Amish of my boyhood, while not ripped and sixpacked, were strong and robust, and of a very active livelihood. An MD friend of mine told me of the few times that an Amish had an autopsy, even in the elders...his phrase "they had arteries and veins you could drive an HO train set through". Then, too, their diet wasn't up to the gills in complex preservatives, either.

just my 30 mg of silver.

Kesephist

While a post SHTF lifestyle will be far more physically demanding than most have today, if you're not in good shape when TSHTF, your chances of lasting long enough to get healthy are pretty slim...