I have to disagree about the self inflating mattresses. The wife and I have carried the Therm-a-Rest brand for years and yep they are 1st gen models. We got the full length thin ones to cut weight as mush as we could since we were backpacking with them. We've been out for single digit weekends and never had an issue with the mattress. It did take it longer to inflate, but once it did I always add a puff or two to tighten them up. I have found them very comfortable.

I did look at some of the new, thicker models and brands at Cabela's a few months back. They are a lot more plush than our's but heavier to.

Our tent is a four season Kelty, great in winter or cool weather. But it's not vented enough for warm/hot weather use. And it's only a 2 person, not even big enough for much gear. We have a camper that we use to camp most of the time any more and plan to drag it with us in some bug out scenarios. I do want to get a 4-8 man tent to used to fill in other needs.

For sleeping bags, I have a gore tex shelled Marmont 800 fill down bag. It weights less than 2 lbs and is rated at -5. I've never made it quite that low, but normally have to leave it unzipped a little to vent it. The wifes bag is rated at -10 and is a Seirra Designs down bag. She got a little cold at about +2 one night. I pulled one of my arms out and stuck it down her bag and within 5 minutes she was good for the rest of the night. We also have a bunch of down Military bags that we keep in various places for use as needed.