Thread: Paper or Plastic?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    may be in trouble

Well, the events of the last two hours were finally enough of a prod for me.

Paying my rent was a matter of using my debit card to buy a money order and then handing the money order over to the female at the rental office (can't call her landlady, she don't own the land and has manifestly proven she is no lady... but I digress.)

Come to find out that my bank has considered buying another money instrument as counting against my daily cash withdrawal limit via ATM. Which in my case is less than half of the rent.

So, fine. For the third time in the over five years I have been in this dump, I will be paying on the date due instead of before it... trotting down to WF and drawing the the cash out in person, and heroically restraining myself against telling them what to do and where to go when they ask what it's for.

I WILL be telling their bank officers that, hereafter, I will be maximum withdrawing within five days of every paycheck, leaving enough on the card for function and to allow Direct Deposit. Cash will be secured here, and I will make it a point after 5/2 to have no less than 4x$20, 3x$5, 5x$1 and a roll of 25c on exiting the quarters.

Not ideal, but what is, any more?

Gotta go... work calls and I am too damn red hot pissed at this to go in without cooling off.

Kesephist

Update:

Law has been laid down on the bank, above point cash on person as I type, rent paid. and just can't get over how NICE a roll of quarters feels in a fist. -K
    Last edited by Kesephist; 05-01-2017 at 06:12 PM.