Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Prayers needed

Claims to have NEVER worn pink. Likely story.

Prayers headed your direction Katrina. Sick kids are no fun and scary as hell. Hope it all turns out OK!
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

Walking on Sunshine

Thanks Kes, No I didn't bother pursuing anything. The State we live in has a policy, ALL calls to CPS are strictly anonymous, we never would have known who reported us had she not written that letter to me after she moved out of state.
    Twitchy, Thanks yes it's been scary but...Update Grand nephew is doing much better. All talk of CPS is gone. He's going to see a geneticist as they see his spleen is a bit enlarged as well and it's a good possibility that's genetic. Had long talk with my aunt (mom's sis) last night as I have a good deal of family health history info on dad's side but not a lot on mom's on what might be passed on in the family. History of asthma on mom's side only. NIL is also talking with his older family members to see what there might be on his side. G Nephews face looks much better and niece is doing good as well, she FINALLY got some sleep last night. Thank you all for the prayers and support.
    Just goes to show, gotta get one's family health history as far back as one can.

Walking on Sunshine

We have a diagnosis. Osteopetrosis. Basically his bone marrow is turning into bone. They will be going to the hospital in Boston for treatment and hopefully transplants. We are hoping for one of us to be a match. I don't know if I can donate due to my Lupus but I am going to try. Please keep the prayers going we are going to need them

I'll most likely shit myself

Prayers goin up.

Walking on Sunshine

Thanks all for your continued support
    I unfortunately cannot donate due to the lupus per my doctor. We are praying for good news when they get to Boston.

I have still yet to grow a brain
    Only the best of thoughts and outcomes for your grand nephew in his time of need Katrina.
    The tallest oak in the forest was once just a nut who held its ground.

Be decisive. Right or Wrong, make a decision. The road of life is paved with flat squirrels who could not make a decision.

Walking on Sunshine

Niece and Grandnephew are in Children's hospital in Boston. NIL and Grandniece are home. Please pray that they will be able to find a donor /donors for the bone marrow.

Walking on Sunshine

Niece just posted the preliminary schedule of treatment. It looks like they will be there for a long time. Nephew will be seeing a geneticist, having chemo in the hospital (8 days) then stem cell infusions, it will be 3-4 weeks before they will get any kind of results. IF all goes well they will be going to be seen in outpatient clinic but she didn't indicate whether or not it will be back home or still in Boston.
    Thank you for all your support.

Bacon saver

They are where they need to be, they have the best you can get working on him up there. It's all about the kids.
    Last edited by Brownwater Riverrat 13; 06-18-2017 at 05:21 PM.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Walking on Sunshine

Thank you Have been in touch with niece, her father flew in Friday but has to leave tonight as he's starting a new job.Don't know if he got tested as nieces phone needs to be downloaded for more room. NIL is sending her USB? sticks to clear out the phone so she can keep posting updates. Grandnephew is doing good, had another CAT scan yesterday, grandpa had him giggling so he didn't mind it at all.