Thread: US Destroyer USS Fitzgerald

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Bacon saver

Here's another article on the Fitz, written by a former Naval Officer he gives HIS plausible scenarios. Funny........I didn't see mine in there anywhere. Still no word yet on what really happened, but I disagree with his "scenarios" so far it doesn't make sense in my "enlisted" mind.

http://maritime-executive.com/editor...rald-collision
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

may be in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Brownwater Riverrat 13 View Post
    Here's another article on the Fitz, written by a former Naval Officer he gives HIS plausible scenarios. Funny........I didn't see mine in there anywhere. Still no word yet on what really happened, but I disagree with his "scenarios" so far it doesn't make sense in my "enlisted" mind.

http://maritime-executive.com/editor...rald-collision
    The Canoe U. grads are going to do their damnedest to pin as much of this on the EM's, and as little on the officers as possible... hardly a surprise.

This bozo was right about one thing... the small fighting ships are looking at being pounded by the brass into do-it-all ships, but without the training or materials or people to do it with. Sort of thing you could get away with if you had a Nimitz-sized hull and materials, without the ongoing flight ops.

I'm hearing tell, now, Chief, that the Old Man was banged up because he was in his quarters at the time of the collision and his quarters was part of the damage, and him with it.

K