Again, all I can do is sit back watch and wait. SecDef if given free reign to do his job as the soldier "he was" when I was in. I would say the military would be in good hands. But now that ten yrs has passed since I've been in and not following his career as closely as I would have had I been on active duty. I couldn't tell you what the true pulse from the Corps is about him. Haven't talked to any senior NCOs as of late.

Having said that I would expect to see this:

1. Shuffling of senior leadership, restructuring (bush hoggin) of the chain of command in all branches of service.
2. "Review and replace all Basic Training manuals" bring back the disciplined warfighter, defenders of our country.
3. Remove all unnecessary "social training" from all branches of service.
4. Review all Defense contractor budgets, R&D, and dump all waste. If it don't work dump it. Make the contractor come to you with a working unit before funding. Contractors pay for their own R&D. (Black hole money pit)
5. Stop LCS project. Money Pit. It does not do what it was "designed" for, total mission failure. I'm sure there are a few other projects but this one's one of the most expensive that I know of. Refer to #4.
6. Remind the military that "this is an all volunteer service, you don't like it, get the fuck out." "That is after I've finished with you....should've thought of that before you signed."
7. wish in one hand...........see what happens.