Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Harvey

He's old and grumpy, but not fat. He'll be right back...he has to go tell some kids to get off his lawn

Hurricane Harvey

Texas is about to be dealt a major blow by Hurricane Harvey. For all ants along the Texas and Alabama coast, make sure you are ready, and head the evac warnings. Predictions are for up to 25" of rain along with strong winds and storm surge. If you have relatives in the area, urge them to heed the warnings, property can be replaced, lives can't. We will hold you all in our prayers.
    "There are no winners in war, only bigger losers"

If you see me or hear me coming, I'm not doing my job.

For the Love of Cats

Batten down the hatches Helo... Time to test some preps...
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

all kinds of reports of shortages already of the staples ... if you wait later than tonite's after work it could be too late ....

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Illini Warrior View Post
    all kinds of reports of shortages already of the staples ... if you wait later than tonite's after work it could be too late ....
    Houston is already running out of gas in the I-10 corridor. Lots more traffic than usual with the evac, and everybody filled up at once. Not to mention the refineries are shuttered.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

may be in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by ak474u View Post
    Houston is already running out of gas in the I-10 corridor. Lots more traffic than usual with the evac, and everybody filled up at once. Not to mention the refineries are shuttered.
    And THAT's gonna domino-effect thru the rest of the country. Been telling my customers to tank all the way up fast and if they got a can fill that up too, while it's cheap and available.

There are a BUNCH of refineries in Harveys stormtrack. Gonna play the very devil with the Labor Day vacation crowd too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    Batten down the hatches Helo... Time to test some preps...
    However, if you are anywhere close to storm surge is predicted, get the hell out. No preps will get you through that!

He's old and grumpy, but not fat. He'll be right back...he has to go tell some kids to get off his lawn

Pictures of the devastation are pretty bad, Houston is un-navigable due to road flooding. 2 lives lost so far, over 1000 high water rescues. The storm is expected to last at least another day or two, with high winds and more rain. This storm is no joke. Prayers go out to those affected.
    "There are no winners in war, only bigger losers"

If you see me or hear me coming, I'm not doing my job.

Last we heard from my wife's cousin in Corpus Christie, no floodings, very high winds and heavy rain. Electricity has been out for some time.

I have still yet to grow a brain
    Wish all to be safe in Texas and all having safe outcomes.
    The tallest oak in the forest was once just a nut who held its ground.

Be decisive. Right or Wrong, make a decision. The road of life is paved with flat squirrels who could not make a decision.

may be in trouble

The two evil kinfolk of such flooding are gonna start popping up. Typhoid and looters... who, I understand from someone with waders on the ground in Houston, are attacking first responders. Responders are now going in armed.

Gee, wonder why the media ain't talking about this?

Frankly, Abbott should declare martial law, and interfering with first responders a crime, to be treated as shoot on sight, no warning shot.