Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
Great point SoCal. Any major disaster more than a few hundred miles from east Tx, west La would take a while to be reacted to. Pivoting anything as large as the FEMA relief effort quickly just wouldn't happen.

One thing I did this week was to start rotating my fuel supply. Our fuel prices have jumped 34 cents since last Friday. 21 cents in the last 2 days. I could easily see $3 gas by the end of the holiday weekend. I seriously doubt it'll go back to around $2 before the end of the year, if ever again.

Just about every resource available is in TX right now. The Kearsage is en route to the coast for rescue ops, FDNY has sent teams, Arkansas fish and wildlife, Alaska national guard, Puerto Rico sent SAR crews, I think LAFD sent swift water teams, Florida fish and game, there are even disaster response physicians and psychologists coming from Israel. Just about every department in Texas has sent LEO, paramedics, or fire crews down there, I think I saw that even Mexico has search teams arriving. Anything happens anywhere else, it'll be ugly. If Irma makes landfall anywhere in CONUS, it will be bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
Great point SoCal. Any major disaster more than a few hundred miles from east Tx, west La would take a while to be reacted to. Pivoting anything as large as the FEMA relief effort quickly just wouldn't happen.

One thing I did this week was to start rotating my fuel supply. Our fuel prices have jumped 34 cents since last Friday. 21 cents in the last 2 days. I could easily see $3 gas by the end of the holiday weekend. I seriously doubt it'll go back to around $2 before the end of the year, if ever again.

Nobody has gas here at any price. Massive shortages right now.