Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pressure cooker still

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Beer can only reach a certain level of proof, to get it higher it has to be distilled. Now it is no longer a beer and is now a whiskey.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

CC Gray Panther
    Quote Originally Posted by helomech View Post
    Beer can only reach a certain level of proof, to get it higher it has to be distilled. Now it is no longer a beer and is now a whiskey.
    I'm good with that either way . If we turn it into whiskey we could name it Rat's Poison Elixir. Good for all aliments. For cough cough ; medicinal purposes only.

Bacon saver

Well DG started this thread so I guess he needs to have his name on it too. Hmmm? "Dome grown Rat urine" Guaranteed to scare the shit out of any forest dweller. Keep your place free of pests! Just the smell sends them packin! It's the secret ingredient........
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

may be in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by eagle326 View Post
    I'm good with that either way . If we turn it into whiskey we could name it Rat's Poison Elixir. Good for all aliments. For cough cough ; medicinal purposes only.
    Mark Twain claimed he did not drink whisky recreationally, but medicinally, "for the alleviation of toothache. I have suffered from toothache for some thirty years..."

Kesephist

slightly chilled in TN

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    I ordered a SS 8 gallon still from Brewhaus about a month ago to have for distilling pure drinking water only. I just happen to have a five gallon bucket of peaches, water, sugar, and yeast just bubbling away, as happy as it could be turning into a peach wine, which is legal. Now if I just happened to put the liquids of the afore mentioned bucket into the still in a week or 10 days from now, if distilled properly, after a pass through the still and the thumper, it would come out after the proper cuts, somewhere around 3-3 1/2 gallons of 80 proof peach brandy. But that would be illegal, so I won’t do that. Plus the still is still held up in customs before Brewhaus can get it and weld on the extras I ordered.
    "Teach the children quietly
    For someday sons and daughters
    Will rise up and fight while we stood still"

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.

I'll most likely shit myself

Still following this closely. can't wait to hear how good those peaches taste.

STILL following...hahaha

CC Gray Panther
    STILL following...hahaha

You can bet your sweet biffy that we're stalking your Tennessee arse!! Iffin' you do well things will be just peachy. Iffin' not ; Weeeeeeeellllll gonna be bear huggin' time.

Just funnin' Domey . You know I'd never harm a hair on that old silver dome.

[QUOTE=eagle326;94899]STILL following...hahaha

You can bet your sweet biffy that we're stalking your Tennessee arse!! Iffin' you do well things will be just peachy. Iffin' not ; Weeeeeeeellllll gonna be bear huggin' time.

Weeeelllllllll.......about that. Ya see, here is what happened. I mixed it all up real good like, and she was just a bubblin away after I totted that there bucket up the yunder steps and put it in the hallway where it’s a wee bit warmer. I put a shallow tray under it, just in case. But that there devil bucket had a speket...a leaky speket...and it leaked out 2 gallons of pure peachy goodness. The tray held most of it, but the floor is still sticky. But the dome sure smelt good. So I cleaned up, toted the bucket down yonder to the keetchen, added more water, sugar, and yeast...and toted it back up yunder steps. The bubbles are slowing down now, so I guess I’d run it through the pressure cooker, but that is illegal, so I won’t....oh, by the way...anyone know what I should do with this 50 lb bag of cracked corn, or this 50 lb bag of sugar?

Bacon saver

Oh yes I do! I was just out there the other day and you could smell the mash drifting over from JD's distillery. Or was that "DG's" distillery? Either way some one was cookin good!
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.