Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Subaru Forester

For the Love of Cats

Good suggestions BWRR, he really should get this fixed before he makes the drive Northward...
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

The solenoid is working properly. It stops flow and then opens. Just need to figure out what is telling to open and close. By unplugging it, I am removing power and the transmission works. Plugging it in, it is getting power, but killing the engine.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

Bacon saver

Is the solenoid removable without having to drain any fluid? Thinking out loud again, so you can see physically what it's doing when you apply power. Short of that (pardon the pun) tracing the wiring system to see what else is "in line" with the solenoid. Find out what's going on there.

What's the year/mark/mod/numbers on that puppy. Maybe I can look at the schematics see if I can trace it out. Hey, it's good additional knowledge for me too!
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Wish I had a schematic, I would have it fixed by now. Yes the solenoid comes out easy. I put power on it, and blew air through it, then removed power and blew air. It works. Just have no idea where the wires go and what actually controls the solenoid.

- - - Updated - - -

It is a M932A2 5 ton. I think 1986, but not sure. I am away from home.

Bacon saver

Looking at this manual and checking the vehicles covered I might have found your diagram. Check page 820, this one shows a "switch, transmission control" and it's linked to the "spring brake pressure switch".........see if this works for you. It's an 842pg manual, kinda big, but your toy is covered in here.

http://www.liberatedmanuals.com/TM-9-2320-272-24-4.pdf

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Brownwater Riverrat 13 View Post
    Looking at this manual and checking the vehicles covered I might have found your diagram. Check page 820, this one shows a "switch, transmission control" and it's linked to the "spring brake pressure switch".........see if this works for you. It's an 842pg manual, kinda big, but your toy is covered in here.

http://www.liberatedmanuals.com/TM-9-2320-272-24-4.pdf

Hope this helps.
    Thanks, can't believe you where able to find that. Can you tell where it goes after it goes through that capacitor. It goes to another diagram, but not sure how to find that.

Bacon saver

Page 821, left side of diagram about halfway down, look for wire #586 "solenoid furnished with transmission" that should be it.

Oh, and if you want manuals 1-2-3 just change the last number in the link to to either 1, 2 or 3. Hope you got alot of paper.......

Page 821, left side of diagram about halfway down, look for wire #586 "solenoid furnished with transmission" that should be it.
    Awesome, thanks. I can't figure out how to use those manuals

Bacon saver

Uuuuuuuh, I thought you were a "helomech" remind me not to fly in one of your eggbeaters!

Really, no sweat brother, I learned a little bit about electronics in the Navy, lots of fun. Useful even as a civilian now. Let me know what else you need, I'll try and do what I can. I'd test everything in that line, I'm sure it's one of those switches............I hope.

Uuuuuuuh, I thought you were a "helomech" remind me not to fly in one of your eggbeaters!

Really, no sweat brother, I learned a little bit about electronics in the Navy, lots of fun. Useful even as a civilian now. Let me know what else you need, I'll try and do what I can. I'd test everything in that line, I'm sure it's one of those switches............I hope.
    I can read schematics, I meant that crazy ass manual. I can't find crap in it. The aircraft schematics have a lot more crap, but they are laid out better.