Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
Wait... so the 500 bags of beans and 500 bags of rice I bought aren't necessary?

nooooo - only if you think that prepping ends there - that'll be where the trouble erupts down the road - 50 pounds or 500 pounds - that sack can empty out ....

don't know if you saw the latest sage real life advice from Selco about food ....

http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-new...-shtf_03132018

"At the beginning of everything, most of the people did not have any significant “stash” of food in their homes.

In other words, the majority of common folks had food a or couple of days in their pantry and that was it. There were exceptions to that because the process of collapse did not happen in a few hours (in terms of suddenly there is no food in the stores).

When the chaos started, people looted stores after a short period of everyone buying things in a panic. Still, the majority of folks did not manage to get a decent stash of food from stores. Some did not want to believe that they were gonna need a stash. Others did not want to go out and participate in looting because it was dangerous. But I think the most obvious reason was that all food from stores was taken very fast.

In beginning period of SHTF, events unfold at a very fast pace. Actually, events go one after another so fast that if you find yourself lost in one event at the end of several events, you ask yourself, “Why in the name of God I did not go out and buy a whole bunch of food while I still could do that?”