Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Self Reliance - Self Sufficiency - Self Self Self

Self Reliance - Self Sufficiency - Self Self Self

here's an article that's probably one of the better that I've seen in a year or two - 100% on target - and it just happens to preach my mantra ....

your preps are just a stop gap - a hedge - until your self sufficiency plan can kick in and then help fill gaps on those lean months ....

when a SHTF hits - no matter how minor or serious - don't take it at face value - it can and most likely will get worse by other SHTFs adjoining and compounding together ... an initial 1 month predicted longevity suddenly is more like 6 months or longer ...

https://www.theorganicprepper.com/when- ... nt-enough/

I'll most likely shit myself

Exactly right Illi. No one can prep enough to sustain them forever. Must better to plan to get self sufficient as soon as possible.

For the Love of Cats

Wait... so the 500 bags of beans and 500 bags of rice I bought aren't necessary?

Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Anybody else get a little excited looking at ST's picture?

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    Wait... so the 500 bags of beans and 500 bags of rice I bought aren't necessary?

nooooo - only if you think that prepping ends there - that'll be where the trouble erupts down the road - 50 pounds or 500 pounds - that sack can empty out ....

don't know if you saw the latest sage real life advice from Selco about food ....

http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-new...-shtf_03132018

"At the beginning of everything, most of the people did not have any significant “stash” of food in their homes.

In other words, the majority of common folks had food a or couple of days in their pantry and that was it. There were exceptions to that because the process of collapse did not happen in a few hours (in terms of suddenly there is no food in the stores).

When the chaos started, people looted stores after a short period of everyone buying things in a panic. Still, the majority of folks did not manage to get a decent stash of food from stores. Some did not want to believe that they were gonna need a stash. Others did not want to go out and participate in looting because it was dangerous. But I think the most obvious reason was that all food from stores was taken very fast.

In beginning period of SHTF, events unfold at a very fast pace. Actually, events go one after another so fast that if you find yourself lost in one event at the end of several events, you ask yourself, “Why in the name of God I did not go out and buy a whole bunch of food while I still could do that?”

Bacon saver

I was thinking that was a pretty big sandbag........I see barricade.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

For the Love of Cats

Actually it is a seed bag. That's what farmers around here get their planting seeds in. They are typically around 2000#/ea
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

I'll most likely shit myself

Thats a shit pot full of seed!

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    If you fill it with corn, throw in another bag of sugar, add some yeast, and I can use it. I have a bright, shiny, new Stainless steel “essential oils” refiner coming by UPS next week. Just another essential tool for prepping.
    "Teach the children quietly
    For someday sons and daughters
    Will rise up and fight while we stood still"

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.

CC Gray Panther
    Quote Originally Posted by Domeguy View Post
    If you fill it with corn, throw in another bag of sugar, add some yeast, and I can use it. I have a bright, shiny, new Stainless steel “essential oils” refiner coming by UPS next week. Just another essential tool for prepping.
    DAMMIT' Domey!!!

Now I gotta go kill those bears who are a hankerin' for your big ole head. But that's okay critters messin' with a man's elixir mixer need killin' to begin with.

I'll be taking B.W.R.R. ; Backpacker and Stormy with me . And everybody knows how crazy these 3 are. I'll try to keep them under control.