Thread: Friday the 13th struck

Walking on Sunshine

Friday the 13th struck

I'm so ticked off. This is not be prep related. My car (12 years old)went kablooie Friday on the way to the store for more supplies,winter storm was coming and I wanted to pick up a few extra things (for the grands ) in case son 2 and family had to bunk in with us for awhile. They have power outages when it gets really bad, so they would come here. They had a portable genny but some idiot broke it trying to steal it and son 2 hasn't replaced it yet. Sunday, DH was on his way to his cousins funeral and HIS car went down about 60 miles away. With my car out of commission , Son 2 had to go collect his dad after he got off work(worked the EARLY AM shift) It's now sitting at the dealership waiting it's turn to be fixed. We had to rent a car for the week so we can get to Dr's appts , etc. Looks like my cars' VSA unit may need to be replaced. Mechanic replaced the starter /solenoid and will do oil change Tuesday, reset the VSA and see if that fixes it. If not then the unit will need to be replaced. DH's car is at the only and supposedly biggest dealership and they are stacked up, so we won't know what actually is wrong with it until Friday, Thursday at the earliest.
    I hope you are all safe and nothing goes wrong. Stay safe and warm. Thanks for letting me vent

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

That sucks, but that is usually how it goes. Once one thing happens it starts to roll. Hope yall get them fixed for not to much money.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

Walking on Sunshine

YEAH my car is fixed!! under 900 Just hope DH's won't be too expensive. Thanks helo
    Well, heard from the mechanic, DH's Transmission is shot but they think if they replace the seals rings,the pump in it and fill it up with fluid,that maybe all it will take, so far it's $3800 and counting. If that doesn't do it then the whole transmission will be replaced.Sure wish that money tree would blossom soon.
    Last edited by Katrina; 04-18-2018 at 02:07 AM. Reason: Update

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

A dang, 3800 is a lot.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

Walking on Sunshine

That's not the best news yet, IF the tranny has to be replaced, it will be $7-8k. DH's sister works for Ford and she said that's about right when she called tonight to see how we are doing. She's stuck in her house because the jerk neighbors tree fell and took her electrical box off the house , no sparking or fire but the wire is laying on the ground in a puddle of water no less still live along with laying on top her garage. DTE won't talk to her because of all the power outages around there. neighbor on other side of her lost their power and called fire dept and were told UNLESS there is a fire they couldn't do anything about it. power company probably won't be out for another day or two. SIL hopes the idiot on the other side of her doesn't start a fire.

Bacon saver

Now hold on just a second......$3800? What kind of car is it, Bentley? I believe I paid around 2K for my Suburban, it was about 11 or 12yr old at the time.......AAMCO transmission lifetime guarantee...... 5yrs and holding. .

I stay away from dealerships "K" they always seem to stick me in way or another.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    Don't feel too bad, I just unexpectedly dropped 7k on a well, and two weeks later, 2k on plumbing at the current place.

Sent from my SGP612 using Tapatalk
    Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers.
    Liberty is a Man-Of-War, and we are all crew.

Walking on Sunshine

BR, couldn't be helped. It was the only place in town where he got stuck that can fix it. He drives a 2014 Ford escape, the one we were driving when we came down there last September. Hey how's ladyhk? haven't heard from her lately.
    Yeah Gunfixr, It really sucks. Just didn't anticipate that BOTH cars would go down. In the 40+ years we've been married, never had both vehicles go down at once. Oh well guess Murphy's Law will hit when least expected LOL.
    Oh got a call today it's now @$4800+. The part they had to order finally came in and we are hoping the car will be ready Wednesday and we can get it back. DH has a Lion's Club Texas Hold'em to run the next few days, Club raises their money for their charity (Leader Dog program) with it.

Bacon saver

LadyHK is doing fine, buried in genealogy.

Murphy does what he wants, when he wants.

And yes, we all fall victim to the garage trolls when we break down out there. BTDT.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Walking on Sunshine

Ain't it that truth. Well got the car back today. Cost us a little over $4300 instead of over $8 grand as originally expected. I saw the "flywheel" as I call it 3-4 huge cracks in the plate radiating from the center out, made it wobble so bad chewed up everything around it in the tranny. Someone told me today there was another recall that just came out last week about fluids leaking but didn't remember if it was on the tranny or not. So will have DH check the recall list when he gets home. He's out running the project for his club till 6 tonight. They are doing a "Texas Hold'em" to raise $ for the Leader Dog Program. Yesterday his shift was 10pm -2am.Tomorrow he's there pretty much all day I think.