Ambience is why. My son lives at the beach in San Diego. He can walk to bars (noticed I put those first), grocery store (3) and restaurants (12+). When he comes home he has a hard time sleeping, too quiet. Work is there and you don't find his type of work in the country.

Now me I moved from the SF Bay Area, on a ranch, to San Diego for school. I fell in love with with the mountains of the east County and my son has too. I moved north for work and love our location, it is in the country on 2 1/2 acres. However my small town is no longer. We have had five home invasions with several people being shot all from people from the east coast. It is the marijuana that brings them. No I don't grow but either did some of the people's homes who were mistaken for growers.

So we are looking at possibly moving. When you are old you need facilities within a reasonable distance. I currently live in a place with no air conditioning, that gets maybe two days of 100 degrees a year, we get a nice sea breeze every afternoon. We have great soil, ample rain. I can ski in four hour, be at the ocean in one hour or go to the big city in an hour. Plus all our friends are here. Soooo it's a hard decision to move. I have a place up north with 100 plus acres but the wife says it's to remote, I building my big boy man cave this year.

But as Gunfixr says he has been wanting to move for two decades. Hopefully my move will be sooner, just got to find the right place.