Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: New homestead

Walking on Sunshine

BR, looking good. can't wait for the finished pics. Am still trying to get lady the pix of the pantry shelves we had put up. DH is still trying to find them on the PC. Totally forgot to show you when we got together.He had them on his phone, then downloaded them to PC when we got home.Kids school didn't have Grandparents day this year otherwise we could have met up again, closer to where you are now.

CC Gray Panther
    Went back through your pictures and Lady HK did one hell of a job on those floors. Total night and day. I like the contrast between walls and floors. The lady has talent. Looking forward to seeing more of her work.
    That wood is a dream come true for projects. Well 8 sets of shelving might be enough for you ammo and reload supplies. Where are you going to put tools and such ?

Bacon saver

Look closely behind the shelves...........
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

CC Gray Panther
    Got it Chief. Was studying shelves and missed the room . All that white blends in ; even door behind shelves tends to blend . Was looking too hard at shelving. Nice set up Chief.

Run Low Drive On

Bacon saver

That would be the tool room. 8x10 (inside measurement) solid walls and ceiling. Will start framing someday soon. Had to rearrange plumbing and electrical for kitchen yesterday, more today. Have to get ready for the kitchen install.

CC Gray Panther
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownwater Riverrat 13 View Post
    That would be the tool room. 8x10 (inside measurement) solid walls and ceiling. Will start framing someday soon. Had to rearrange plumbing and electrical for kitchen yesterday, more today. Have to get ready for the kitchen install.
    If Lady HK does as she did with the floors her kitchen should be awesome.

Run Low Drive On

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by Katrina View Post
    Well It will be over soon and the two of you will take a much deserved rest, for a little while.
    I meant to comment on this earlier "Kat", I think it's going to take another year til we get to a point to take any time off.
    Biggest issue we've had is people don't seem to want to work. Then when they get hired, they really like to procrastinate. I feel WE get more accomplished when we do it ourselves. I have only a few "contractors" as they like to call themselves, that I would ever recommend. We thought it would be easier to hire someone else to do the work.......nope. But we will get it done and then I guess we'll have to schedule another "grip n grin" for the colony.

Walking on Sunshine

You both got my number, any time ya needs a "vent" session, I'm all ears.

Bacon saver

OK, replumbed the kitchen, removed dead end wiring. Ran a new wire for the range hood (all day job) under the upstairs floor, thru a joist and fished it back through. Add a few cuss words and some blood and "WA-LA!" She has power. I have to wait now till we put the island in and then I can figure out a place to drop the wire for the overhead lights. The wire is already there, I had to jump a wire to the other overhead lights in the kitchen. Reason, there was ONE light right next to the others that was on a switch by itself, stupid! The breaker panel is labeled however none of it matches up. (breaker for "microwave" ends up being to the floor receptacles, go figure) I used a radio and plugged it into the areas I was working to find out what breaker was what. Follow the noise when you're workin by yourself, panel's in the basement. Saved me a lot of time running back and forth. I had to go through the whole house and flip all the receptacles in all the rooms. Why? Because she said so! They were put in by a commercial electrician so by the common man's standards they were upside down(ground up) so I flipped them all and ran into all sorts of stupidity in the process. Now they are done correctly and I don't have to worry about the place catching fire. OR I could have hired someone to do it.......he, he, yeah right. 3 days work but it's done. Next I'll be doing something that ends up being another PRI-1......I have a bunch of those. Need to get the "sub pen" done so I can bring over my two 1000lb propane tanks. BUT that involves my tractor that's over at our current home. Can't move that till I get one last project done, but I won't get into that one. That's it for now.

Bacon saver

Wow, lookin at the date on the pic I'm still behind the power curve. Since this pic I've sown a little grass around these things, had the gas lines installed with new regulators. New black pie for the house. Tanks got filled Thursday and found a leak Friday! Got lucky on the leak, o-ring. Guys showed up Friday to hook up the gas to the heat pump. Well, the heat pump don't work now, short cycling, bad valve, do it on Monday. Need to heat the damn house! Cabinets for kitchen was a goat fuck. Still waiting on a few before I can install ALL of them. So I'm sittin here with a clusterfuck for a few more days. And that leaves fixin stuff at the old place. Either way, it's gotta get done. Carry on smartly.

imghost