Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New homestead

Bacon saver

Sent 5 Black walnut logs to the mill and it should be done today. Thinking about taking one of the Box Elders for milling. Supposed to be some pretty wood. Today it finally rained......still, so I'm shifting gears. Taking a load to the mill and see how it plays from there. Busy busy

OK I know I've asked before but I sure could use a pic posting site, Bueler.....bueler? Anyone, Bueler?
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

may be in trouble

imgur.com

photobucket now has a picture in the dictionary next to the word UNTRUSTWORTHY, thanks to their shenanigans. To be fair, I expect imgur to also go to a pay service, but they will at least have p-b's bad example to not follow, and will likely give far more lead time warning.

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    I pretty much have stopped posting pics if I cannot download directly to the forum/site, after the pb fiasco.
    I just don't have the motivation to repost 500 pics to another site, not to mention the same thing happening again.

Sent from my SGP612 using Tapatalk
    Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers.
    Liberty is a Man-Of-War, and we are all crew.

Bacon saver

let's try this first. this is what "was" back when we first got the place. If this works I'll post some more.

Bacon saver

Annd here's a little progress with my dozer. I needed to clear out a place for the new "Agricultural Maintenance Building" as I is told by the taxman, "it's not a shop, you call it a shop again and I'll tax ya on it" uuuh, roger out!

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, the dozer works fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's what the cabin used to look like. Taken after we cut down all the trees around it. Sugar maple for smokin!

- - - Updated - - -

OK, speeding up here a bit, land cleared and ready to put a slab down.

Bacon saver

And now I have a slab of concrete, taken the day it was poured.

- - - Updated - - -

Now it's takin shape........40x60x16 in case you were wondering.

CC Gray Panther
    Great pics big guy. Like the cabin ; can't wait to see the transformation . Now that's a work shop !!
    I see you've pretty well mastered the dozer. Fine work cutting up hill it looks like. If you leveled the majority of shop site with dozer you're well on your way . Just remember level in the seat always.

P.S.
    I'd almost be tempted to raise the roof and walls on the front right side for more head space and less roof to deal with.

Bacon saver

What I'm going to do is lower the ceiling in the "workshop" area, basically splitting the difference. I'll have a 90" overhead instead of a 96", hey I'm 69", so if your a Kodiak you might want to bow your head. The shop is done as far as the builder goes. The light panels seem to be doing their job. Here's another view from halfway down the driveway. I have to admit, I did call my neighbor over cause his Tonka Toys are bigger and faster than mine.

CC Gray Panther
    Sorry R.R. ; I was talking about the cabin roof. But I do agree with your plan for shop.

Bacon saver

No problem, LadyHK is in charge of the cabin. Going to do a walk out basement, for her craftroom, a 20' addition out the back and a new mudroom on the side facing away from the "AMB". Next task is me clearing everything out of the cabin so the floor guys can get in there and sand the floors. Now I can actually move stuff out now that the AMB is done. Going to repurpose all the cabinets from the kitchen. What ever she has left over I'll use in the AMB...........IF! I'll get the cabin pics up soon, they have to be downloaded from the camera and then uploaded......you know the drill.