Some time back I had been thinking about my dissatisfaction with most Stainless brand folding knives. and decided to purchase a D2 steel knife...a folder.

My dis satisfaction with most stainless knives I've had is that they do not long hold an edge.

This time I purchased a knife with a blade made from D 2 Tool steel. This is the kind of steel one finds in drill bits etc. etc. Machine cutting tools.

This is hard steel and it must be taken care of but it will hold an edge longer than most stainless steels. It will also rust if not taken care of so this too is a factor in it's care.

It is also hard enough to be somewhat brittle...so it would not make a good pry bar..as many are often want to do with a knife.

I used this knife to cut the cord I used in tying down my yard furniture for Hurricane Florence and it went through that cord like a hot knife through butter and still had a good edge on it.

Nonetheless..i decided to get a D 2 steel folding knife as I got tired and disgusted with many of the knife steels I found out here.

This is the knife I purchased from KUBEY. I'd never heard of them before reading this ad on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/KUBEY-Folding...SIN=B07FSJY8RZ

This knife also has a very smooth opening and closing function. Very Very smooth...much better than my olde Stainless folder.

And for this type of tool steel it was not all that expensive. It also came with a razor sharp edge on it...in the box.

Thanks,
Orangetom