Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Keto Diet

For the Love of Cats

Keto Diet

I mentioned in another thread that I started this, and another member chimed in that they had been on it for a couple years already.

I thought I would create a thread for it to centralize discussions/questions, etc.

I'm just starting week 3 and feeling better and better daily; but still have a long ways to go.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

I don't think I will ever get off the keto diet. I do have my cheat days, but I feel so much better when on this way of eating.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

My wife and I have been doing keto a few months. I am down almost 30lbs she is down a full ten which annoys the crap out of her.

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk

For the Love of Cats

Helo, what about spaghetti? what about taco chips?

What do you use as a low carb salsa and meat sauce delivery system?

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Walking on Sunshine

Sniper, Have you tried spaghetti squash for the noodles? Son1 and DIL1 are on the KETO diet and they use it all the time. As for chips, My niece used shredded cheese in a little flat pile and dried it in a low oven. It seemed to work but you have to watch so the cheese doesn't brown. She doesn't have a dehydrator. I have a KETO bread recipe if you're or anyone else is interested. One serving of 2 slices is 2 net carbs.DH is on a low carb diet for his diabetes made it for him, he seems to like it.

For the Love of Cats

Always up for swapping recipes! Yes, we use spag squash quite often, but it is quite high in carbs too. I don't mind Shirataki noodles, but the wife isn't.

Always looking for options!

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Spaghetti squash is really good, and most pizza sauce has only a few carbs. Not sure on salsa, but salsa should be low carb. I don't eat chips.

- - - Updated - - -

Look up muffin in a minute, they are really good.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

Several years ago I went on the Atkins diet which is a low carb diet. In 5 months I dropped 38 pounds.

I have to admit that over the last 8 years I have managed to find about 16 of those lost pounds. However, at times I still try to keep in mind the need for lower carbs.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post

We had the toughest time with giving up chips. We've found an alternative... it's not easy to find at our local Wally World, but other people I know see it a lot. We order on amazon since it's hard to get in a short drive. Joseph's Lavash Bread! This stuff looks like a giant rectangle tortilla. We use a pizza cutter to make strips, spray with a little melted butter from our pump sprayer, throw a little Himalayan salt on it, and sometimes a little chili powder, and bake 5-7 minutes at 325*(watch them bake, it's easy to burn them) we usually get a whole tray of chips from 2 sheets. Here's the kicker.... 4 CARBS PER SHEET! Served with guacamole and homemade salsa or queso it's not quite a restaurant quality chip, but they're really good.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post

I use a spiral-cutter and squash (zuchinni, usually), which I very lightly toss in a frying pan to soften, then toss the sauce in.