Thread: Tree of Life shooting

may be in trouble

Tree of Life shooting

A 46-year-old man armed with an assault rifle opened fire at a synagogue in Pittsburgh's Squirrel Hill neighborhood on Saturday morning, the Jewish Sabbath, killing 11 people and injuring four police officers, according to officials and law enforcement sources.

The suspect, Robert Bowers, traded gunfire with police and was shot several times. Bowers, who was in fair condition at a hospital, was charged late Saturday with 29 federal counts, including hate crimes and weapons offenses. It wasn't immediately known if Bowers has an attorney to speak on his behalf.

A circumcision celebration known as a bris was taking place at the Tree of Life synagogue in Squirrel Hill when gunfire erupted, congregants told MSNBC. Officials said the shooting, which officers responded to just before 10 a.m., is being investigated as a hate crime.

"Please know that justice in this case will be swift and it will be severe," Scott Brady, the chief federal prosecutor in western Pennsylvania, said at a news conference, characterizing the slaughter as a "terrible and unspeakable act of hate."

"Today, the nightmare has hit home in the city of Pittsburgh," said public safety director Wendell Hissrich, who described the "very horrific crime scene" as "one of the worst that I've seen."

No children were killed in the attack, officials said. There were six injuries, including the four male officers, three of whom were shot. The officers sustained serious but non-life-threatening injuries while the others were critically wounded, and they were all taken to area hospitals.

The Anti-Defamation League, which tracks anti-Semitism in the United States, said in a statement this "is likely the deadliest attack on the Jewish community in the history of the United States."

Authorities say that just before 10 a.m., Bower entered the large synagogue with an assault-style rifle and three handguns.

Witnesses said the gunman shouted anti-Semitic comments as he was being taken into custody.

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    Shame the gunman didn't die in the exchange with police.
    Condolences to the victims.....

Sent from my SGP612 using Tapatalk
    Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers.
    Liberty is a Man-Of-War, and we are all crew.

may be in trouble

The families have the bitter satisfacton that, at worst, he only breathes the air and sees the sun thru prison bars for the rest of his life. And at unfortunate best, somewhere between seven and ten years hence, he gets his miserable self strapped down to a gurney and subjected to lethal injection.

The state of Pennsylvania has not executed anyone, as of this writing, in 19 years.

A rabid dog is put down with better considerations than a lethal injection execution.

I'll most likely shit myself

I can't believe he didn't kill himself. That seems to be the MO for these mass shooter scum. Another trend for quite a few years now is they are mostly Dem's. This guy was rabid anti Trump.

CC Gray Panther
    Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    I can't believe he didn't kill himself. That seems to be the MO for these mass shooter scum. Another trend for quite a few years now is they are mostly Dem's. This guy was rabid anti Trump.
    Why kill yourself when you came become a living symbol of a failed policy . Knowing full well the worst you can get is the death sentence. Hell most inmates die of old age before sentence is carried out. Plus the Deep State takes care of your family money wise.

I'll most likely shit myself

Yeah I know. But seems like all the mass shooters kill themselves. Almost like that way no way to get them to tell why they did what they did.