Thread: Personal reminder.

Personal reminder.

Today I was once again reminded of how important first aid supplies are but also how important it is to train someone besides yourself to use them!

I was working on the truck today and split my head open on a bolt. There is only so much you can do by yourself with something like that. I found mm myself walking my wife through what to do and check.

Turned out fine but what if I had been unconscious? How do you stress to your significant others that they need to learn a bit of everything themselves instead of relying on one person for it?

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk

For the Love of Cats

I would hope that was enough of an awakening for your wife to want to take a first aid/cpr course!

Personally, I think these should both be taught in school, and every employer required to keep employees current on their recerts. It really is a win-win situation for everyone.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Yes I agree it should have been enough. Sadly it was not. She wants to teach preschool and I would consider first aid essential but only CPR is.

Bacon saver

Personally I think it's a must (first aid) that all teachers be trained. For one to be the first responder in case of a boo-boo on the playground......they still get recess don't they? Second, God forbid it happens again, but the next school shooting could be "in a town near you" and seconds save lives. This training would have been crucial and saved more lives had it been implemented into educational system as a requirement.

Would have been nice to have LadyHK there to comfort me when I dropped that 9/16" bolt and it hit me in the tooth. You know those big long bolts that hold a starter on to a small block chevy, yup, thought it was threaded and let go and the thing dropped right into my mouth taking a piece of my tooth along the way. Dumbass........
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Bwrr, I like the content of your post. Not the broken tooth part.

I agree where some first aid is great but more in depth is better. Not even a shooting but let's say compound fracture from falling off the slide. Or head injury from the swings or something. Even common things can get you killed if you don't respond properly.

Bacon saver

Exactly my point about "boo-boos" on the playground. Hope all is well with you Gunner.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.